Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 2 October 2019

Stuff your face or face your stuff

Wednesday 2nd October 2019
Once you choose hope, anything is possible.


One line can have a real impact and one I heard last night was 'Stuff your face or face your stuff!'

She'd heard it in a Ted Talk, I've googled this morning can't find the talk but did find a book by Dorothy K. Breininger wth that title (Book on Amazon), she works on a show in the states 'Hoarders', but this book is about how she faced her own stuff and lost 75lbs in the process and in the book she addresses weight loss from the much-needed perspective of what lies underneath our clutter metaphorically, physically, and emotionally. She reveals why, to be successful on the scale, you must first master the clutter within you and around you.  I've not read it but I'm considering giving it a go, if I do I'll let you know but let's be honest we can talk plenty just from that title, how many of you are stuffing your face instead of facing your stuff?  

I know I eat my emotions, especially over moms illness, mmm I think I might add it to my audiobook library.  I'll listen to the intro, but you can just mull over that statement today, food for thought so to speak. 

I had an good eating day, meals were healthy but I did eat the last 1/4 of moms Aldi Pringle things, they've gone now and won't be replaced!  I was impressed with their skinny sausages, enjoyed a couple for my breakfast, plan to have the same again today but may take them out the skins and make a Pattie, because I can't cook sausages all the way through, I don't have the patience, so I end up cutting them in half.  

 For my dinner I enjoyed some of my stew without the potatoes in and had it with a load of veggies for 3SP, then for tea I had a big bowl of stew and Alfie robbed most of the meat from me!  I did indulge in a couple of slices of brown bread with it too.  We can safely say I used every one of my dailies, weeklies and FitPoints this week, so I'll not get too optimistic over the scales, although I have been very aware of portion sizes where the zero stuff is concerned, live in hope ay! 

This week we're talking 'Hit rewind to move forward' in the workshops this week, maybe I should do that this week, I know I wouldn't have bought the stackable things from Aldi, that would have saved me a load of points, oh and I bought some sherry, that was also a mistake but it's out my system now, it was mentioned in a book I was reading and I thought to myself, 'ooo I've not had a glass of sherry in forever', mom always liked a glass of sherry, but now I remember why I don't buy it, it's very moreish and extremely easy to drink, it's also 3SP for a 50ml glass of sweet sherry or 2SP for a 50ml glass of medium sherry and we all know whatever kind of sherry it is, I'm gonna pretend it was medium on my app!  

I love the sunsets at this time of year, there's a glorious one starting this morning as I look out my window, all mean and moody, matches the weather at the moment, seriously how much rain can fall, I'm gonna start on my ark if it doesn't stop soon.  

I've got my Amazon head on this morning, there's the audiobook poised for purchase but there's also a diary I've just seen that I fancy, the 6 minute diary, each day you spend 3 minutes in the morning and 3 minutes at night, here are the questions you answer.

Morning

I'm grateful for...

This is how I'll make today great......  (THIS IS MY FAVOURITE QUESTION, how great would it be to ask yourself this question every day)

Positive affirmation

Evening
My good deed today

How I'll improve (ANOTHER GOOD QUESTION)

Great things I experienced today.

There are more things the diary, but that one question really leapt out at me 'This is how I'll make today great...... '.  If you only ask yourself one question every morning, that should be it, because who doesn't want a VERY, VERY GREAT DAY every day, and if you can stretch to two questions, before going to bed ask yourself 'How I'll improve'.  Of course don't ask yourself that question with guilt or blame, don't do it whilst beating yourself with a stick, ask yourself with love and curiousity.  I don't really need the diary, not at £21, maybe I'll try doing those questions without it for a week or so and if I keep it up then I'll purchase it for the additional stuff in there.

Anyway, I need to get my butt into gear, I've got a dentist appointment at 9.10am, I think I'm going to throw a chicken in the slow cooker, fast food.  One of my members had done some batch cooking in her slow cooker, what a great idea is that, no standing in the kitchen for hours, just cook one big pot of food every day for a few days and fill your freezer.

Here's to a very great day.  Mwah xx

Luv ya


Love me x

No comments: