Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 26 October 2019

Ooo it might be raining but at least it's Saturday

Saturday 26th October 2014
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are

Not a bad night, mom only woke me once at 1ish, she could get the lights on, Alzheimers/Dementia is fascinating really, for some reason she had unplugged both her side lamp and her clock and put her clock facing down on the window sill.  I stayed with her until she settled, then went back to bed.  I've had bad dreams which has meant I was glad to wake up if I'm honest which I did around half four.   Got all weekend to rest once I've enjoyed my workshop this morning.  

Not gonna lie, my diet didn't exactly have a plan yesterday or go to one, I started with the intention of doing well, made baked beans but used cannellini beans instead of haricot and they were too soft, I also put lentils and curry paste with some frozen onions and water in the slow cooker and that worked but I didn't fancy it, I blended both and combined them to make sauce/soup, which will last a few days or I'll freeze, if I don't add any water, I could use it as a curry sauce and add chicken, or a dip for chips, I can add the water when it's defrosted, take less room up in freezer.  Anyway I ended up having a couple of cobs with tongue on and 3 chocolate biscuits!  Then a bag of crisps, could've been worse I guess, I was just worn out, thankfully we went to bed early. 

Today's another day, let's hope I make it a bit healthier, I fancy a proper dinner with pork chop, veggies and gravy but that could change by lunch time.   But the again I could just eat a whole chicken!  Yeah I'm craving a good hot meal after yesterdays not so wise food choices.  

I bought grey peas yesterday to make some of those too, got them soaking, will be able to add to my freezer stock, £1.50 for a bag of grey peas from the pet shop - bargain, then I just need some bacon bits or gammon bits, depending on how healthy you want to be, but to be honest as the peas are zero points, streaky bacon is 9SP per 100g, lean back bacon is 7SP per 100g, bacon medallions are 2SP per 100g and lean gammon is 3SP per 100g, so they still work out pretty low in points for a meal whichever option you use.  I could just eat them for breakfast now, but I can't obviously as they're not cooked and I don't have the bacon yet. 

Realistic plans and goals, that's what's important right now, on days I don't get much sleep because of mom, or when she's really struggling, I'm not going to add to my stress by having too high expectations of myself, instead I will do the best I can, then on the good days I'll do better.  She really is my priority right now, that doesn't mean I'm going to ignore myself, but I'm not going to put pressure on myself at all. 

My focus is keeping my food bill down and still enjoying my food, home made soups will definitely help that, I just have to be careful I don't have loads of bread with the soup.  Bread is my nemesis, I love the stuff and could easily eat it all the time, need to watch that, because yes it's a cheap, easy option but not the healthiest if it's replacing other things that are needed in my diet. 


Here's to a positive day, I finished my huge baby blanket I was doing yesterday so I need to decide what I'm going to work on next, so many ideas, so little time lol.  I am pleased with how it turned out though, https://www.crochet-world.com/patterns/pdfs/heirloom.pdf. Then pattern was for a very fine yarn but when it arrived and I did a sample piece it was too coarse to use, I returned the other balls, and used double knit instead which is why it turned out so big.  Anyway I'm just waffling now, but then again, this is like my diary I don't actually think people read it, I just like to get stuff out of my head, as there's not much adult conversation in this house these days, I never have been much of a conversationalist to start with, not one for small talk either so this way I just do a brain dump each morning and start a fresh day with a clear mind.  Ooo egg fried rice!  See that's how my brain works, I'll be thinking about something completely different and a meal idea jumps into my head, too many meal ideas, not enough days to fit them all in.  My mate has always said I have too many tabs open, I used to say something to her and she wouldn't have a clue what I was on about, it was because I'd been having the first part of the conversation in my head thinking she could read my mind!  

I'm off now, sorry if I kept you from anything interesting ;) 

Mwah, luv ya dow I!

Love me x


No comments: