Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 29 October 2019

Do you MIND? I'm going to!

Tuesday 29th October 2019
Keep taking time for yourself until you are you again.


We went to bed before 8 last night, actually I think I was asleep by 8 and she's been pretty well behaved, I've heard her go to the toilet a few times, she does nothing quite, there's a lot of huffing and puffing and cussing but I was left till half 4, so I've managed 8 hours almost even with the wake ups.  I can tell too she seems to get better the more I'm at home so by Tuesday morning I've had a few days at home.  Although when I tried to walk Alfie yesterday morning, I had to rush back because she was having a panic and I could see her trying to open the front door, so I called her.  I'm considering walkie talkies so I can talk to her whilst I'm out walking him lol.


So last night I signed up to do Mind's crafternoon on November 30th to fundraise for better mental health by getting together with your favourite people this Christmas for a bit of crafting.  I believe mental health is just as important as physical health if not more so these days, as I've realised with everything in my life if I can't stay mentally positive, I have no chance of taking care of the physical side.  Now I saw it advertised the other day and thought that's a great idea but I can't do it with mom it's going to be too difficult and cause her more disruption, but then last night when I was sat in the house with her knowing I couldn't go anywhere, I thought how many other people are in similar situations?  I think I'm going to do a virtual crafter noon, as long as we're raising money and getting people to give crafting of some sort a go to make them realise how therapeutic it really is, that's all that matters.  I'll offer to help anyone with their crochet if they bring it to the workshop, I even have some spare hooks I can give out for members to have a go with.  Obviously I need to work all this out but the idea is there, let me know if you want to get involved and if you have any ideas.

My mental health is being helped enormously by my crochet, this was what I did yesterday, I enjoyed it immensely, I got a little frustrated a couple of times but in a good way, because the satisfaction at the end of it is just amazing.  Oh and the smiles on the face of those who end up with my work is always wonderful, maybe I can crochet something to raffle off as well, that always helps raise some money, something snuggly for Christmas cuddling.


I made this simple dish yesterday, it was a piece of trout out of the freezer with leftover cabbage and sprouts, then I roasted courgette and red pepper and had with a vesta rice tub, nom nom.  Only the rice and the knob of butter that was in the trout packet that needed pointing.


There was a video on WW UK Facebook page yesterday for this recipe, it looks delicious Red lentil and butternut squash dhal, if you're a member I hope you check your emails from WW UK regularly, there was a good one yesterday 😉

I'm looking forward to my workshops this week, I really am, I'm so lucky that my job is such a social occasion because that's keeping me from becoming a complete hermit.  Mom had her feet done yesterday and I was able to walk Alfie whilst the lady was here, I was so grateful and mom enjoyed half hour talking to someone else, I could tell when I got back, although she was asking for a mirror to look at her hair because she'd forgot it was the foot lady and not the hairdresser, that made me smile.  If you need your feet doing, this lady is lovely and reasonably priced too.


Well, I feel really good and refreshed this morning, ready for my day, got a cause to raise some funds for which is always a good thing, a day of lovelies to look forward to seeing and a week ahead to tackle.  Now all I need to do is get back to losing a few pounds - oops!  I've got maintenance sussed lol, it's all good, as long as I'm not gaining, I'm not going to beat myself up.  I can stay away from the shops till the weekend I think, I have some veg left to use and plenty to go at in the cupboards.  Getting good at this staying away from the shops, meanwhile I'm adding to my shopping list for when I do go shopping.   Amazon is really useful you know, mom goes through Rennies like they're sweets and I usually pay around £4.85 for 72, sometimes their on offer, I've got them off amazon for £15 for 4 packs of 96!  I've just looked and they're only £14 this morning.  See it pays to shop around for stuff you have regular.

Anyway that's too much info about the boring stuff lol, let's get on with our day, mwah.

Luv you,


Love me


No comments: