Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 31 March 2018

laughter and a simple life - don't get no better


31st March 2018
Whatever makes you feel the sun from the inside out - chase that…


Laughter, it really is the most amazing thing, I read a text message to mom yesterday and shared a little funny (one of those you had to be there moments) and she proper belly laughed, we both did, I video’d it to send back to Lucy who had been the cause of the giggles because of a typo and now I plan to keep that 5 second video handy for the days she’s not great.  She turned last night about an hour before we went to bed (early I might add as I could see her mood getting darker) she can’t help it and that video will help to remind me how much I love her and how much love and laughter there is between us that this ugly disease will never take from us.


Oh I made toad in the hole yesterday, it was epic might I add as well as being a cheap meal, only 5sp a serving too.

300ml skimmed milk (4sp)
2 eggs
125g plain flour (12sp)
1 pack of 6 chicken sausages (3sp)

Whisk together the batter and pour over the sausages which I’d cooked in hot over for 5 or 10 minutes first, then cook for half hour.

I didn’t use hot fat to pour the batter into like I once would, instead I used a pan liner to stop it sticking to the baking tin.

I had it with savoy cabbage (delicious), roasted onions, then I made mustard gravy using bisto granules and a spoonful of wholegrain mustard.  Such a simple tasty meal.

What to eat today?  Something simple as I’m at work this morning then got a massage and I won’t wanna do anything after that, something out the kitchen cupboards, maybe the can of beef curry with packet rice. 

I spent all morning yesterday on a crochet square, first I designed it, I wanted a fox as the lady the blankets for is named Fox, once I’d done the graph in excel, I did the square, lots of colour changes, concentration and sewing in the ends afterwards meant it took a good few hours but worth it I think as a finishing touch for the left corner of the blanket.




Right time to shower and wake myself up, the least I can do is shave my legs before I have my massage, don’t want her cutting her hands on the stubble!  See real life ain’t as sexy as the things they posts on Facebook, I’ll still keep my life just the way it is, I’m happy with it.

I’m looking forward to catching up with my members at this morning’s meeting, whatever you’ve got planned today, enjoy your day, look for the smile moments BeYOUtiful, there’s always something to be grateful for.

No comments: