Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 24 March 2018

Are you a success - I am!


24th March 2018
Success isn’t overnight.  It’s when every day you get a little better than the day before.  It all adds up.


What is success anyway?  Well I believe success isn’t about trying to throw ourselves away and becoming something better. It’s about befriending who we are already and seeing you’re BeYOUtiful, then becoming a version of yourself that is as happy and healthy as you’re able to be.  It’s taking each day as it comes, enjoying the moments that bring us joy and handling the darker moments with as much strength and patience as we can muster.  Success in my world is wanting to get out of bed each morning and being grateful for the day ahead.  Yeah I consider myself a success.

I had another lovely day yesterday, met my mate for lunch, we must remember our cardigans next time, it’s chilly in that pub, but damn the pies mighty fine.  I got there earlier than I needed to be and sat in my car listening to my audiobook and crocheting, hilarious I know but you know what, the time I was there waiting went so quickly and I enjoyed it.



The pie was so filling, I didn’t eat again when I got home either, we watched tv together, mom and I, then had an early night and I listened to the last half hour of my book before finally settling down to sleep, which took longer than usual, I usually close my eyes and instantly I’m asleep.

Well I ummed and arr’d about buying the series of crochet booklets to get the hexagon crochet blanket pattern but turns out as I hoped that they would post them on YouTube, not so easy to keep up with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC7OOKM-MWQ&t=548s but if I wanted to I know I could type up the instructions, turns out I’m not so keen on that second one as the first, I’d rather have one blanket all the same style.  I’ll keep the granny pattern to squares rather than hexagons I think.   That’s saved me £300 of subscription, see I’m growing up, I knew it would happen at some point.

Back to that pie, I never used to lie pastry at all, my sister has a lot to answer for, it was a delicious pie but I have to say, my sisters still trumps it, but I do recommend the pub if you’re every over that way, lovely, relaxed vibe.  http://www.chefandbrewer.com/pub/holly-bush-lichfield/m2210/

Looking forward to catching up with my Saturday gang this morning, my members have lost a staggering 5,000lb in the first quarter of 2018, that’s an incredible start to the year, I’m so very proud of each and every member that walks through my door, not just the ones that have lost but the ones who aren’t losing and just learning to love the skin they’re in, accepting that it’s okay to take their journey as slowly as they need to, it’s being healthy that matters and sometimes healthy means having the pie and chips because you’ve just spent an afternoon with your best friend who’s made you giggle, made you glad to be alive, given you the emotional strength to tackle the week ahead.  Yeah it isn’t just physical health, numbers on a scale, its mental health and emotional contentment. 

There’s a lot to be said for looking in a mirror and liking your reflection, for walking in a pub in your scruffs and not caring what anyone things because you didn’t want to use your energy blow drying your hair and searching for an outfit.  Yeah there’s a lot to be said for loving the skin you’re in and the person you’ve become whatever you happen to weigh that day. 

Happier people make healthier choices!  I opted not to have a pudding yesterday because I didn’t want one not because I thought I shouldn’t have one because it would affect my weight and I didn’t worry about the Smart Points in the pie because I was going to enjoy it and I know it would fill me up enough to last the rest of the day.

And now I’m going to go shower and get ready for work, I’m a little gutted as I look out the window and it’s lightening up to realise tomorrow it’ll be a darker morning again because of the clocks going forward – I for not messing with the clocks, it affects my sleep pattern when they change, throws me off, I’m not a fan.  Hey ho, I’ve managed to cope with it happening for the last 48 years, I guess I’ll survive.

Here’s to a good day, a successful day in whatever way that looks in your world.  Here’s to enjoying it BeYOUtiful, see the good in yourself everyone else does. xx


No comments: