28th March 2018
Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner. Lao Tzu
All my members were thrilled when I told them Penn Road Butchers was getting a shop at Ashmore Park, close to all of them and the just love his chicken breast sausages, this was followed by them being gutted when the other butcher in the same precinct appealed against the decision and they changed their mind and told Stuart he couldn’t have the shop, yet it was a butchers before, there’s always been two butchers at Ashmore Park so why not now! They’ve allowed two Sunbed shops so why not two butchers? Please sign our petition to try to get them to change their mind. Because of his customer base, it makes more sense for him to be this side of town as the fuel being used for him to deliver or for people to travel to his store isn’t good for the environment. Also the new customer he’d be bringing to Ashmore Park would be good for the other businesses there. Click the link below, it takes seconds to complete and I’d have lots of healthy and happy members.
I’m fancying toad in the hole after seeing a delicious looking photo on Instagram yesterday, I’ll make it with the chicken breast sausages so it’s not being made today as I don’t think I have any but I’ll add it to my to eat list and will make it Friday maybe, no chance tomorrow really but you never know.
I’m excited for today, my Weight Watcher magazines arrive and my bestie is going to be in them, she’s part of the spring campaign and it had absolutely nothing to do with me. The next time you see something on Facebook saying “would you like to be a part of…..” if you would, apply, go for it, that’s exactly what Vicky did, she make a little video as requested, sent it off and ended up being one of a handful, she’s even in the next advert which will be aired on April 1 (and no this isn’t an April Fool’s joke), I’m so pleased for her, she’s had a couple of lovely days out having a makeover and filming the ad. Make sure you buy your copy in the meetings and let me know what you think!
Right that’s me for the morning, below is a recipe adapted by adding chicken sausage, nom nom, enjoy. Here’s to a wonderful Wednesday and please if you haven’t already, go sign my petition https://www.change.org/p/wolverhampton-housing-allow-a-health-meat-shop-to-be-opened-at-ashmore-park
Toad in the hole
Serves 4, 5sp per serving
- 125g Plain White Flour (white) 12 Points
- 1⁄2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 medium, egg, whole, raw
- 300ml Skimmed Milk 4 Points
- 2 tablespoons Water, cold (for batter)
- 200g chicken breast sausages, grilled 2 Points
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 small Onion(s), thinly sliced
- 50g Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 teaspoons, level Gravy granules, dry 2 Points
- 1 pinch Salt, for seasoning
- 1 teaspoons Black pepper
- 300ml Water (for gravy)
· Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7/210°C/425°F.
· Put flour, salt, egg, milk and water into a large bowl. Using a whisk, beat together to make a smooth batter. Stand for 10 - 15 minutes.
· Put sausages into a non-stick roasting pan. Place in oven on middle shelf for 5 minutes, until very hot.
· Working quickly, pour batter around sausages and return to oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until risen and golden brown.
· Meanwhile, make gravy. Mist non-stick saucepan with cooking spray. Heat, add onion and sauté gently until golden. Add mushrooms and 300 ml (½ pint) water. Heat until simmering, then stir in gravy granules. Cook until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with toad in the hole.