Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 17 July 2017

More money saving this week



17th July 2017
Forgiveness is a gift you give to yourself.



Oops 1/2lb on, took my eye off the ball didn’t I this last week, my day out involved dessert, then mom found her birthday chocolates and I won’t lie, I consumed a lot of them!  Line drawn, the week ahead is going to be a good one, I’ve already decided!

I went to get mom the papers yesterday and ended up buying the makings of a chicken dinner, the chickens in the Co-op were £4.69 each or 3 for a tenner, you know what I bought don’t you, so this week we’ll mostly be clucking.  I might stick one in a slow cooker Thursday morning to save me thinking about my tea, I’ll skin in before putting it in to save lots and lots of Smart Points and saturated fat because let’s not forget that’s why it’s higher in points when you leave the skin on, it isn’t just because Weight Watchers are mean and make the good stuff high in points.  The chocolate I ate was high in points too, full of sugar and fat and oh yes it left me with the evidence as I stepped on the scales.

Before buying the chickens I’d already took a bag of something out of the fridge to defrost, I think it’s chicken mince, I might cook it up in a jar of curry sauce out the cupboard and have it with rice or on a jacket potato, I might have a bit of a creative session in the kitchen today, do a bit of batch cooking with the chickens perhaps.  I reckon I’ve taken enough out of the freezer to freeze some stuff.  It’ll keep a few days in the fridge cooked too, yeah I’ll skin and portion up one or both of the chickens and check out my new chicken cookbook.

Mom and I had lots of fun yesterday playing Tipping Point, the game I’d bought her for Christmas, we did giggle and we didn’t take the game seriously either, we ignored the rules and instructions and just played our version.  Alfie joined in with barks every time we cheered, it was a lovely hour.

It’s a gorgeous morning, me and Alfie will get out and enjoy a walk in a bit, we may not go far or fast but it is making a difference because people are noticing my weight loss and I haven’t lost a lot of weight so it must be that I’m toning up a bit. 

Eggs for breakfast because I’ve got quite a few of them, plus they are my favourite food in the world probably, you can’t beat scrambled eggs with a tiny bit of cheese in, or fried egg on toast, simple food is the best, easy to cook too.   To balance out the chicken and eggs, I’ve still got some fish in the freezer I want to use, so I can go another week without buying a lot of food, just a bit of fresh stuff as it’s needed, if I can make it to pay day without doing a big shop, I’ll make my credit card bill not quite so scary!

Yeah here’s to another money saving week, I loved what one of my members did yesterday, she posted “I love saving money...big box of porridge oats for £1.89 at Poundstretcher. Weighed out 43 portions (34g - the most you can have for 3 sp). Much cheaper than the sachets...and 7g more to boot!”

You can get that even cheaper by buying supermarkets own branded porridge, oats are oats, we pay for the brand a lot of the time, worth checking but I usually buy the cheap stuff, although it’s not something I eat that often.  I love that she’s gone for 34g, that extra 4g doesn’t cost you any more points so why wouldn’t you!  Gotta love the WW scales!

Have you got any more money saving options?  Send them me so I can share, or maybe a delicious recipe?   This is one of my favs that I haven’t had for a long while so maybe I’ll do it this week;

Malaysian chicken (3sp)
Serve with rice and steamed broccoli
Take 10 mins to prepare, 12 minutes to cook

1 small onion, sliced
1/2 red chilli, de-seeded and chopped finely
Low fat cooking spray
1 chicken breast, diced (2sp)
1 teaspoon light brown soft sugar (1sp)
2 teaspoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons chicken stock or water
1 teaspoon rice vinegar or lime juice

Spray a lidded, non-stick saucepan with cooking spray and fry the onions and chilli for 2 minutes.

Add the chicken and stir fry for 1 minute over a high heat, then sprinkle in the sugar and cook for 1 minutes more until caramelised. 

In a jug, mix the soy sauce, stock and rice vinegar or lime juice together.  Pour over the chicken, cover the pan and simmer gently for 10 minutes.

Remove the lid, increase the heat, and bubble for 2 minutes until slightly reduced.  Tossing the chicken in the sauce to glaze.


Right I’m off, need another mug of tea, I just realised I haven’t been drinking my pint of water the last few days, so I’ll go pour that first, it all helps with the healthy.

Make your day happy BeYOUtiful, don’t let anyone steal your smile. x

No comments: