Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Chip shop chicken curry!

12th July 2017
The distance between your dreams and reality is called action.

Breakfast yesterday was the best meal of my day, I do love a bit of bacon and eggand I had ith with bread, tomatoes and a bit of asparagus, really good. Still using up the contents of the cupboard, this meant my dinner was a lot of veg and liver and onions from the freezer, only the dog decided he was going to eat my liver, so I ended up with a lot of veg and onion gravy! When I got back from my meeting I hadn't got the urge to cook and knowing there's not much exciting going on in the cupboards, I found out a frozen jacket potato and this;

7sp in the lot on top of a jacket potato and that was my tea sorted. It reminded me of when I used to work in the butchers in the town and we'd have jackets from the Jacket Potato stand, the curry tasted virtually the same, the only thing missing was a tablespoon of butter! Good memories though, the days I used to walk to town at 5am each morning, that would've burned the butter calories off I guess!

My fridge is almost empty, it's a bit strange but I'm not going to do a proper shop, I know there's plenty to go at, I will have to fetch a loaf as moms taken to sandwiches and something for the dog or he'll starve but the majority of meals are there without buying anything. I've defrosted a couple of chicken sausages for breakfast, mmm sausage sarnie, shows how easily influenced we are to eat certain foods, two of my members mentioned them yesterday and the lovely Lucy sent me a picture of a tray full of sausages, hence I'm having sausages for breakfast.

Now what to have for dinner, do I opt for corned beef hash or stewed steak and yorkshire pudding, decisions, decisions...

I'm gonna go corned beef hash because I can have the stewed steak when I don't have time to cook, I've got enough time today and it'll use that can up from the cupboard, plus I've not had it for ages and it's one of my favs;

Corned Beef Hash

Serves 4, 11 Smart Points per portion (13pp)

Replace the tinned sweetcorn with frozen peas, if you like.

2½ tbsp olive oil
1 large red onion, sliced into thin wedges
Knob of butter
400g waxy potatoes (such as charlotte), cut into 2cm chunks
1 tsp chilli flakes
2 tsp dried thyme or 2 or 3 sprigs of fresh
300g tin corned beef, cut into chunks
120g tin sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
4 large free-range eggs

Parboil potatoes for about 6-8 minutes. At the same time, add 1 tbsp of the oil to a large frying pan and gently fry the onion over a low heat for 6 minutes to soften. Remove to a bowl and set aside.

Add another splash of oil and the butter to the pan, increase the heat to medium-high and fry the potatoes for 10 minutes until beginning to crisp and turn golden. Stir in the chilli flakes and dried thyme, fry for another minute or so, then add the corned beef. Season

Continue frying the corned beef, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until starting to crisp. Stir in the sweetcorn and return the cooked onion to the pan. Cook for a couple more minutes to warm through.

Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in another large frying pan, crack the eggs into the pan and fry until the white has just set. Serve the corned beef and sweetcorn hash on warmed plates and top each serving with a fried egg. 
I don't think I have quite 400g of potatoes but I do have a tin of potatoes so maybe I'll use them.

I've got a lot to do today so need to be organised, Alfie didn't get a walk yesterday because of the rain, he was having none of that, so hopefully he'll want a good one this morning and we can get a bit of exercise, I still managed 9k steps, not bad for a 12 hour work day really.

Right I'm off, mom sounds thirsty :) I'm hungry for a chicken sausage sandwich, tinned tomatoes or frozen mushrooms maybe as I've almost used all my fresh stuff up now. I'm hoping once the cupboards/freezer/fridge is bare that I'll get better at shopping weekly and thinking about what we need and buy, not keep buying more on top of what's already in the house.


Have a great day BeYOUtiful, we've got this!

No comments: