Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 5 February 2016

Woo Hoo, Silver Seven & another 2lb gone!

5th February 2016
All life is an experiment.  The more experiments you make the better. Ralph Waldo Emerson


Yay, I've lost 2lb this week, giving me my first silver seven, really pleased with that as last Friday afternoon I had afternoon tea out.  I'm now 2lb off my 5%, happy with that.I do think having some good ready meals in has really helped keep me on track as it's been on less job to do. 

I'm not a 100% Weight Watcher, I do the best I can, I'm in awe of those members who join and track religiously and lose consistently week, week out, one of my members decided to have a 'day off' tracking yesterday, the first time in a year, how incredible is that, she's tracked every day for 12 months, that takes real dedication, of course it's paid off with incredible success at the scales, over 6 stone lost so far.  Why did she decide to not track yesterday?  Mainly because she's poorly I'm guessing, when we're ill, we feel run down, tiredness kicks in, medication won't help and it all adds up and makes us feel yak, we want something to make us feel good and in true "I'm a Weight Watcher because I turn to food for so many reasons" style, we end up indulging.  How incredible is it that she's managed to NOT do that for 12 months, when she's probably been doing it most of her life if she's anything like me.  And that's why I'm in awe of those members, not because of the weight loss but because of the managing to take control of their behaviour and change it for however long.  I really get impressed when they have that wobble and get back on it almost immediately - that's true strength and shows that the changes that are being made are long term, they're changing their behaviour patterns and learning new coping mechanisms.  Impressive isn't it! 

It's been a lovely week in my meetings, I know I say it a lot but I really do enjoy going to work, I'm very fortunate.  I really enjoyed yesterday morning though because mom came with me, we had a real giggle in the car - the video proof can be found on my facebook, then once in the meeting mom did a demo of the new WW Fitness Band, that can be seen here :) we had a lovely morning giggling together, then I get to see all my lovely members. https://www.facebook.com/bevww/videos/10153716011235862/



I finally got round to cooking the Weight Watcher Rogan Josh recipe kit, it was delicious, the kit saved me 13 Smart Points as I usually use the Spice Tailor range, it was a really tasty dinner when I got back from my meeting.  For lunch we had Young's cod in butter sauce (3sp) with mash (2sp),  peas (1sp) and sprouts, really enjoyed it, nice and low lunch. 

If you feel like making yourself a nice 10 Smart Point meal, here's today's recipe. 

Sizzling Steak Stir-Fry and Noodles
Serves 1, 10sp each

150g Amoy Straight to Wok Thick Udon Noodles (6sp)
1 tbsp tomato puree mixed with 100ml water
2.5cm piece of fresh root ginger, grated finely
100g lean frying steak, cut into thin strips (4sp)
2 tbsp soy sauces
low fat cooking spray
4 spring onions
150g sliced mushrooms
100g beansprouts
bunch of chopped coriander
½ red pepper, deseeded and finely sliced

Heat a large wok (or non stick frying pan) and spray with low fat spray. Stir fry ginger for 10 seconds & then add the steak and stir fry for 2 minutes until it begins to brown. Add all the other ingredients (except noodles) and stir fry for 3 minutes, add noodles and stir fry for another 2 minutes. Serve.
A quick shout out for Asda, they're going to be trialling wonky veg boxes in our 'Beautiful on the Inside' range, veg boxes full of wonky veg to help tackle food waste across the supply chain and to help farmers.  So if you see them in store, get buying, £3.50 a box, there are only going to be 20 boxes per store apparently so if you see them buy one, let's get the message back that we're okay with wonky!  Although looking at the list, only Cannock locally will have them!

I've got work to do this morning then a nice massage booked later, so whatever your plans are today, smile, enjoy, and know you're BeYOUtiful.

No comments: