Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 22 February 2016

It's only bloomin Monday again!



22nd February 2016
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.  Winston Churchill.


Aren't my members Smart, I woke up to this poem written by Angie,
A poem about Summer.
Summer's approaching, you want to feel and look good, Come join Weight Watchers, you know you should. You'll embark on a journey with ups and downs, You'll soon find your smile and say bye to the frowns. There's Smart points or No count, the choice is yours, Mini targets will be set, you'll get lots of applause. Then when you get to goal, that's only the start, You'll learn to maintain, now that's Smart! With Bev as your leader to help and support, You'll be Happy and Healthy, cos that's what she's taught. So come join Weight Watchers, best eating plan around, You'll be reaping the benefits from the new life you've found!

Love it!  So it's Monday morning again!  Don't those weeks go by quickly, spring needs to hurry up or I'm going to turn into a hermit, I've spent the entire weekend behind closed doors.  I shall make myself venture out today even if it's only to walk round a shop, or maybe I won't!  I will tidy my office I think, I'm at that point where there isn't any space on my desk to put things down, they have to balance on top of other things, the floors filling up too.  I might even go through my bookshelf and have a sort.  Now I'm getting brave. 


I've got lunch planned, I'm going to make the new Weight Watchers Mediterranean Bake, it looks tasty, looking forward to that already, I've got no bread again so they'll be no toast this morning, there wasn't any yesterday either as I gave mom the last two slices for her breakfast, so I had egg fried rice, weird for some maybe but they eat rice all the time in other countries, it's a staple food, like lentils, I could easily eat that lentil thing Yasmin made me the other week for breakfast for sure.  To be honest I could eat most things, most days, that's why I'm constantly watching my weight. 

I didn't track all weekend, I've just stepped on the scales and realised if I start 100% today, I could lose a little come Friday so that's the plan.  I'm happy to say the crackerbread I bought have now been consumed and won't be purchased again, I'm not happy to admit, I found the bottle of Bailey's my brother had bought me for my birthday and it got opened last night!  If I want to drink more of it, I'll have to measure it out and use my allowance, but it shall be put back in the cupboard today and not touched for the rest of the week.  There are just some things that can't be in my house, especially at this time of year when I'm in hermit hibernation mode, they just don't help!

So tracker out at the ready, lunch planned, breakfast about to be and same with tea, I will plan all of today before starting my day of sorting my office and whatever else happens along the day. 

What about you?  Are you ready for your day, has it already started?

Here's what sounds like a delicious low pointed meal for you to try;

Chicken Saag
Serves 4, 4sp per serving

Low calories cooking spray
2 finely chopped onions,
200g mushrooms, sliced
6cm piece of root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tbsp medium curry powder (1sp)
3 tbsp tomato puree (1sp)
1 chicken stock cube
700g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks (11sp)
1 ripe tomato, roughly chopped
100g baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped
Large handful of roughly chopped fresh coriander
4 tbsp fat free natural Greek yogurt (2tbsp)
Salt & freshly ground black pepper

Spray a large, deep non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.  Add the onions and fry for 5 minutes, adding a little water if they start to stick.  Add the mushrooms, ginger and garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes.

Stir in the curry powder, tomato puree, stock cube and 300ml of water and cook for 2 minutes.  Add the chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.

Add the tomato, spinach and the coriander and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. 

Take the pan off the heat, stir in the yogurt into the curry and season to taste. 

All the recipes I've blogged this year can be found on my website http://happyowls.co.uk/Recipes/RecipesDinner/ChickenSaag.html

Have an awesome day BeYOUtiful, make Monday magic.  


No comments: