Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 13 February 2016

Lentils for breakfast - hell yeah!



13th February 2016
If you laugh really loud, talk spontaneously, and you don't care what your face looks like, you're probably with your real friends.

Let's start with your recipe for today, I so wish someone had made me these muffins this morning, they're not just delicious but they are also packed with energy giving goodness and I could do with some of that right now. I'll be okay after my pint of water and a shower.

Wake up Muffins
Serves 12, 7sp each

Tired all the time? These banana, raspberry and nut muffins will help to keep you full of energy all day long. Lower fat, rich in energy-producing B vitamins. Prep 15 mins Total time 35 mins, plus cooling. Get ahead Make the day before; store in an airtight container.

Nice microwaved for 30 seconds before eating. The muffins can also be frozen

50g unblanched almonds, chopped (9sp)
300ml low fat natural yogurt (7sp)
4 tbsp smooth peanut butter (25sp)
1 large egg (3sp)
225g self-raising flour (22sp)
2 tsp baking powder
75g light brown soft sugar (18sp)
3 ripe bananas, peeled and finely chopped
(about 375g unpeeled weight, 225g peeled weight)
1 x 150g pack raspberries

Preheat the oven to 200oC, fan 180oC, Gas 6 & line the holes of a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and add a pinch of salt and the sugar. Stir in the chopped banana, raspberries and half the chopped nuts. Make a well in the centre of the mixture.

Mix together the yogurt, almond butter and egg in a small bowl until smooth. Pour into the well and gently but quickly mix everything together.

Divide the mixture among the muffin cases and sprinkle with the remaining nuts. Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and golden. Serve warm or leave to cool on a wire rack.

I really like these!

My house is screaming clean me, my body is saying chill all weekend, my body might win today, even tomorrow, but I think I might get round to the housework at some point.  I also want to get in and sort my greenhouse ready for the anticipation of spring.  I've even bought me a new mug yesterday for in there and a little plaque that made me smile.

I did a lot of smiling yesterday, proper giggle lunch we had, you really can't beat laughter, it's just so therapeutic and we had a good couple of hours of therapy, the highest quality. 

I told you yesterday I'd had delicious lentils made my lovely member Yasmin, and I finished them off for breakfast!  When she sent me the recipe, she reminded me I'd questioned her on "lentils for breakfast!?"  that was another smile moment because I did and yet yesterday morning, I couldn't think of anything better to eat.  So here's the recipe, I'm going to be buying some lentils today, I need more of these in my life!

Yasmin's Yummy Lentils
1 table spoon of olive oil (5sp)
Half a onion
Two garlic cloves
Salt green
chilli
Turmeric powder
2 cups washed split red lentils (you'll need to weigh them, but 500g = 38sp)
coriander to garnish

Add oil, chopped onion and garlic to a pan and on a low heat, soften onions and garlic.

Then add washed lentils and mix quickly so they don't burn or stick to pan.

Add 2-3 cups of water and mix well. Add a half teaspoon of Turmeric to the pan, mix well. 

Add a chopped chill or two, preference is yours.

Mix well, and on a medium heat, cover the pan and let cook for 20 mins.

Check every 5 mins to make sure you have enough water as it evaporates very, very quickly. If so, add another cup and check again. When lentils are no longer looking like lentils, more like mushy lentils. After its all cooked, add coriander to garnish, and a huge dollop of low fat, or fat free Greek yogurt to serve.

You can have with toast, chapattis, rice, or a huge spoon..

I have a feeling this is one of those dishes that'll never taste as nice as how she cooked them for me, but I'll try!

Right I'm off, got a gang of gorgeous gals to weigh, so if you're one of them, catch ya in a little bit, if not have an amazing day, remember giggles are the answer!

Stay BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: