Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 6 February 2016

Oh I do love a good plate of food!



6th February 2016
You only get on chance at life and you have to grab it boldly.  Bear Grylls


Short one this morning I think, moms already awake and I've got two meetings to get to today, the first is with my lovely members at United Reform church and the second is an area meeting over Dudley with my colleagues, so I won't be home and chilling until around six tonight.

I spent a little time yesterday putting some of the meals I've eaten since the launch of Smart Points in an album on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153718358035862.1073741920.595730861&type=1&l=9f12b1336f I it's good to see at how well you can eat and lose weight.  I've also got my lovely members posting their meals using the hashtag #MyWWJourney and tagging me too, love seeing what we're all eating, after all food is my hobby!




Yesterday's meals were, Breakfast = cheesy scrambled egg (5sp), Sainsbury's seeded flatbread (3sp) and tomatoes. Dinner = Pataks Tikka Masala Sauce, Sainsbury's Wholemeal Flatbread, Tilda coconut rice.  12 Smart Points.Tea = Sainsbury's My Goodness creamy smoked haddock risotto 12sp (from the chiller counter), it wasn't bad at all. 27sp worth of food, you don't have to be hungry to lose weight!

We've got afternoon tea today at our area meeting as we didn't have any Christmas celebrating, I'll not go mad hopefully!

I'm planning on staying on track this weekend, I've got 3 more pounds to lose for my Fab Five in February and I really want to do them over the next 3 weigh ins, what is it they say, Summer bodies are made in the Winter!  I'm looking forward to Spring arriving so I can get back in my garden - I'm a fair weather gardener for sure, I'm not getting out there at the moment, my greenhouse will wait, although I do have a heater somewhere, I could put that in there ;)

Anyway, I need to go shower, have a super Saturday BeYOUtiful, I'm looking forward to my day, I hope you are too.

Here's a good simple, delicious, dinner that'll fill you up on a cold day.
Scouse
Serves 3, No Count or 8sp per serving

420g Lean Diced Casserole Beef (7sp)
600g of Potatoes, Diced (12sp)
5 or 6 Carrots, Sliced
1 large Onion, Sliced
6 Beef Oxo stock cubes (1sp)
2 tsp Olive Oil (3sp)

Spray Olive Oil in a large pan and heat.  Add the beef and cook on high to seal it.
Drain any fat and add the onion and cook for a couple of minutes.

Add the carrots and potatoes and add enough hot water to cover.  Add the oxo cubes and stir.
Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 3-4 hours until the liquid reduces and it goes really thick – you know when it’s ready as you can stand a spoon in it!
Delicious the next day. Serve.

No comments: