Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 3 February 2016

How much sugar!



3rd February 2016
If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant.

Yesterday I enjoyed cheese and potato pie for 10 Smart Points, then spent 6 Smart Points on 1/2 portion of braised red cabbage which I'd had from M&S as part of a meal deal - ouch, that's a lot of points for a bit of veg, it was nice don't get me wrong but it really shows where hidden sugar in foods can be found, they're not just in the chocolate and cakes!  It's worth looking at packets for this information, you can find out more from the back of a packet than the front!  Yes we want the food to taste nice but we also want it to be healthy.  The nutritional information is important and so are the ingredients!  No more than 30g a day is the recommendation and the portion I ate had 16g in, that's the equivalent of 4 sugar cubes.

I still managed to stay on track, for breakfast I had egg, mushrooms and 2 slices of low calorie brown bread, then for my tea I had a crustless quiche made by one of my members Angie, it was delicious and lovely to come home to my tea already having been made by someone else, that doesn't happen very often.

Crustless Quiche, No Count or 8sp

150g low fat cottage cheese
3 eggs
Add any veg you like, onions, peppers, sweetcorn, peas etc
2 chopped bacon medallions.

Whisk together and cook on 180 for approx 25-30 mins.
I need to get some bananas as I want to make those 1 banana, 2 eggs pancakes, especially when I see them looking like this on a members timeline!  Pancake day is on the way too, so these would be perfect.

I love to see everyone's meals, don't forget to use the hashtag #MyWWJourney and tag me in them either using my Beverley Longsden facebook account or my Bev's Weight Watchers https://www.facebook.com/WWBev/

Today I shall be relying on the ready meals I bought on Saturday, not sure which ones but thinking Chicken and potato pie for lunch (10sp) then chicken biryani for ten (10sp) that leaves me 10 for brekkie and milk in my drinks, plus anything else I can fit in.

Think one less was the topic of conversation yesterday morning, we're creatures of habit, so we'd tend to have two eggs on two pieces of toast, but if we were to remove either one egg or one piece of toast, we'd most likely still be satisfied and save a couple of points, we could replace it with zero pointed mushrooms or tomatoes.  We've got to think differently to get the results we want. 

I've downsized my plate which is automatically giving me less of whatever I eat because it won't fit on the plate, a bit more veg, a bit less potato or rice, there was a time I'd have easily eaten the whole pack of microwave rice, now I have half, I don't notice the difference. 

We think we're hungry than we actually are, we think we need more food than we actually do.  Try it, experiment with how much you really need. 

Right I need to get my act together, I've got lots to do, so glad my lurgy has gone, feel so much better this week. 

Here's your Smart Point recipe for today, perfect with a portion of wholegrain rice.  

Fruity Tikka Masala
Serves 4, 4sp each

400g chicken breast cut into pieces (4sp)
Tin Chopped Tomatoes
250g mushrooms
Bundle spring onions chopped
75g Tikka Masala Paste (7sp)
200g low fat natural yogurts (5sp)
small tin pineapple drained
½ mango chopped

In a frying pan, stir fry spring onions in a bit of water, after a couple of minutes add Tikka masala paste, stir for a minute or two then add chicken and after a few more minutes add tinned tomatoes, simmer for 15 minutes or until cooked. Finally stir the fruit and yogurt and warm through.

Stay BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: