Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 9 February 2016

Set some goals, then crush them!



9th February 2016
Don't save things for a special occasion.  Every day of your life is a special occasion!
Meditation done, in the process of drinking a pint of water, getting these acts to become habits, 5 months I've been waking up earlier to meditate and even longer with the water, it's my new norm.  Changing one thing at a time is the plan.

The same with my weight loss, taking it one pound at a time, giving myself goals, both small and a little bigger to focus on, so at the moment, I'm on 7lb, which means I got both my 'fab five' and my 'silver seven' both smaller goals on the way to my 5% which is another 2lb away.  I also got a 'double dynamite' medal on my esource which means I lost twice in a row!

Of course the weight loss is proof of my success, but let's be honest for most of us, me for sure, my ultimate goal isn't just about weight loss, I want to eat better because I know when I feel better, when I feel healthy, I'm happier.  For some you might want to be able to run round with your kids, feel comfortable in your skin, everyone's reasons are unique to them.

Do I have an ultimate 'goal' in mind, a number, honestly nope, which is why I'm setting smaller goals so I can celebrate each milestone on my way to wherever I end up.  I want my journey to be realistic and achievable, oh and enjoyable too!  Let's not forget I love to eat, I'm not going to stop enjoying that whilst I get where I'm going.

I'm not in a rush either, after all, I want it to be a healthy journey, Weight Watchers have designed the Smart plan to result in a safe rate of weight loss of 1/2 to 2lb a week, maybe more in the first few weeks, so I know I'm not doing myself any harm.

Getting my 'Well Done' certificate really meant a lot to be on Saturday and made me feel good, which has now motivated me to get my 5%, I want another certificate and a sticker on my card!  I also want the benefits of losing that 5%; looking better and feeling more energetic. 

For most people 5 percent is enough to reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Your weight-loss success may also mean that you help to lower your blood pressure. There are many other health benefits, too – research has shown that a loss of 5 percent–10 percent of your starting body weight can make a real difference.

Health benefits
  • Lowers your body’s cholesterol levels
  • Can improve blood sugar control
  • Reduces aches and pains
  • Improves mobility
  • Can improve your breathing
  • Helps you to sleep better
  • Reduces the risk of sleep apnea
  • Helps prevent angina – chest pain caused by decreased oxygen to the heart.
  • Decreased your risk of sudden death from heart disease or stroke
  • May stop the need from regular medication
  • Reduces the risk of certain cancers
Your emotional health will also benefit hugely. People who have lost 5 percent-10 percent of their body weight report improvements in quality of life, a noticeable reduction in depression symptoms, increased energy, plus a more positive attitude to life.

So what's your next weight loss goal?  When it comes to weight loss, people can be really hard on themselves. They feel that they won’t be truly happy until they have lost three or four times the amount necessary to start seeing a difference.
Be realistic about your weight-loss goals and how long it will take to achieve them.  Don't ignore the small losses you achieve, celebrate them – they are significant and you should use them to egg you on.

Trying to lose too much too quickly can undermine your efforts and actually work against you, and is more likely to result in your weight yo-yoing, which is detrimental to your progress.   How many people were posting huge weight losses in January and now have suddenly gone quiet because they're not doing it anymore!  Why?  Probably because they under ate so much for a few weeks that it resulted in a binge fest through hunger!

Get real, stop trying to lose a stone in a day, breaking your weight-loss journey into small, manageable steps will help to keep you motivated. If you have a lot of weight to lose, reaching Goal may seem like a daunting task, but having a set of measurable targets will help you to stay on track and keep you focused.

I mentioned my goal structure on this blog, use it to plot yours out, http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/theres-snow-way-im-stopping.html

As you achieve each goal, it'll give you that umph you need to keep going, and ultimately achieve your Goal weight.

Let's do this shall we, however long it takes, the time will pass anyway!  Stay BeYOUtiful and enjoy your day.

Here's today's simple Smart Point recipe;

Turkey Stir Fry
Serves 4, total 30sp, 8sp per serving.

Heat 1tbsp vegetable oil (5sp) in a wok or large frying pan & stir-fry 420g thinly sliced turkey steaks (4sp) for 3-4 minutes, until browned.

Add a total of 500g of thinly sliced peppers, courgettes, carrots, spring onions, leeks, broccoli or cauliflower florets and bean sprouts. Stir fry fry for 5-6 minutes. Add a good pinch of Chinese 5-spice powder and 3tbsp soy sauce (2sp).

Cook 200g dried brown rice (19sp) to serve with.

No comments: