Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 27 February 2016

And now I'll do what's best for me.



27th February 2016
If you don't like how things are, change them! You're not a tree.
So I did it, it would've been so easy to change my mind, I really had to rush round yesterday morning to get everything done in time for me to be able to drive to the meeting, but I did it.  I'm officially a Weight Watcher member again and hoping to make it through the week.  I have to say I felt cared about from the moment I arrived, I looked at the lady at the table where you join and said "can I join the meeting please?" She gave me a huge smile and replied, "Of course you can, we'd love to have you!"  Instantly I felt comfortable.   I came away feeling that my leader cared and understood, plus that she would support me on my journey.  It's a heck of a trek, 40 minutes each way so I'm really making the effort, so I better stick to plan and stay on track.  One day down, six to go before next weigh in.  It didn't go quite as planned, my bestie will be joining next week, her lad was poorly so she couldn't come yesterday.  I ended up having the day to myself, so after my meeting, I went for a wander round Lichfield, did some food shopping in Waitrose (payday treat!) and finally finished my day off with my massage.  Sometimes it's good to spend time alone, it made me realise even if I could, I wouldn't change my life, I choose it to be this way and I love it, even the crazy of it all.

Now to make it through the weekend, isn't that when the going gets tough, but I'm determined to do it, I know I can and I will because I did not make that long road trip yesterday to not lose weight!

Will be taking some Salmon out the freezer this morning, that'll be our main meal today, bought some nice fresh veggies too, just need to decide what else to serve it with.

First my meeting, looking forward to catching up with my Saturday gang, it's the best way to end my working week, the buzz is fantastic and I love how they all sit there with their coffees putting the word to rights, just how a good community should be I say!

My internet connection is on a go-slow this morning, that's not how I want to start my day, I need speed and enthusiasm, just like the person using it!   I am today, I've drunk my pint of water, done my meditation session, I'm on day 4 or 5 of a generosity one, each month I focus on a different thing and generosity is this months, it's not just about giving stuff away, generosity is so much more than that and this is reminding me of what I already know.  Generosity is more than simply giving, it's giving without expectation, it's giving without any sense of hope or fear, and that's why it's always good to be reminded of these things.  We can be guilty of giving and expecting something in return, I don't necessarily mean something physical, it could just be that we hope that they're grateful, that they just say thank you.   Have you experienced that where you've given something to someone and you've expected them to say thank you and be pleased and grateful, maybe you didn't even realise you did hope that they'd be grateful, but they just weren't!   It's good to be reminded that we shouldn't be doing or giving to get a reward, we should simply do it because it's a nice thing to do or sometimes it's the right thing to do.  We should never expect anything, it often leads to disappointment.

Right I'm getting a little deep, so I'm off to shower and dress, got a great day to get to!   My members have already lost 430lb this week, I'm going to add to that total, be great to smash the 500lb total this week.  I'm just loving the results from members on this plan, it's not just the results that are incredible, it's the fact that my members aren't getting that many gains, even when they've had a bad week.  It's also that they're realising they're good enough, they don't have to lose weight to be great or better, they're already BeYOUtiful, the weight loss will help them weigh loss, it might improve their health but it won't make them a better person, they're already okay xx

Hope your weekends awesome too ;)

Stay BeYOUtiful!

Here's a quick easy recipe;

Fast Fillet

Serves 1 = 2 Smart Points

1 bass fillet (up to 180g = 2sp)
1 lemon, (juice ½ and slice other ½)
¼ teaspoon capers
100g chopped vegetables

Wrap 130g bass fillet, lemon slices and juice of half lemon, fresh tarragon, 1/4 tsp capers and 100g chopped vegetables in parchment. Place on a baking tray and cook at 290oC for 15 minutes. 

Serve with 250g jacket potato (5 Smart Points)

No comments: