Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 28 February 2016

My members are showing them scales!



28th February 2016
Don't wait, the time will never be 'just right'.

Ssshhh, just a little delicate this morning, will be okay in an hour after my pint of water and possibly a couple of painkillers, that's what comes of mixing the grape with the grain as my dad would've told me!   All tracked and recorded though, still within my allowance.   When you track on your phone and you have it with you constantly, you really can't make any excuses not to can you! 

It's been an awesome week in meetings, we did break the 500lb lost at my scales over the week, which is just incredible especially after half term!  Yep, my members are rocking this weight loss lark and I'm feeling the lurve in all the meetings, just brilliant.  Even those who are struggling are still doing what they can, as best as they can and smiling through it where possible.  It's not about perfection, it's persistence.

Now I have some work to catch up on either this morning or tomorrow morning because I made time to go join Weight Watchers myself on Friday, it was worth it, knowing I've got to get on someone else's scales is keeping me in check!  It helped me resist moms crisps and biscuits last night even when I was under the influence of alcohol, instead I went and made us all a tuna melt toastie, check me out.  I also cooked our lunch rather than going out for food, so not only did we save points, we also saved money, it was delicious Salmon too, been in the freezer since the lovely Sheila picked me up a whole one and my sister kindly portioned it up for me.  You can't beat garlic salmon, mmm, I use those maggi's parchment things, and cook it either in cooker or on the George Foreman.  Forgot how tasty that is.  We had it with potato rosti, 10sp in the box and we split it 3 ways, I had it from Waitrose, just over £1 a box and lasts a long time.  I've never made Rosti myself, might need to do that in the future.

My internet connections really slow this morning, it's not helping at all, I'm trying to find a photo and the price of that rosti and it's not playing at all.  Meanwhile I've almost finished my cuppa tea and I'd quite like another mug, I'm thinking bacon sarnie for brekkie, or heck sausage sarnie, mmm delicious, decisions, decisions, I'll have a think, could be a full English, all tracked and Smart Pointed because that's the absolute beauty of the plan, I can!  I think Lynne's gonna do No Count so I could make the same for her and adapt it slightly, the beauty of Weight Watchers, choice, more than one plan to go with depending on your needs and let's be honest they can change daily can't they.

Found it :) £1.09 a packet, Waitrose Swiss style rösti  400g, really was tasty.  Not everything in there is expensive!
Oh I nipped into Lidl's on my way home from work yesterday too, stocked up on a few things, thanks to a £5 coupon Tina gave me, I also treated myself to flowers, they make me smile and I can't eat them, win/win.  I've been doing that the last few weeks and it makes me feel good, not everything that makes you feel good has to come out of a glass or on a plate, sometimes we forget that don't we. 

Right I'm off to get another cuppa, before facing the kitchen clear up, lots of can't of diet coke strewn around the room, every drink that went in them was measured and tracked though, using an old night nurse measuring cup ;)

Here's your quick Smart Point recipe, remember they all get put onto my website afterwards at www.happyowls.co.uk so you can get them afterwards at any time.  

Rocket Cheesy Chicken Pasta serves 4 – 10pp each
250g dried penne pasta (24pp)       low fat cooking spray
300g diced chicken breast (7pp)    3 tbsp pesto sauces (7pp)
75g low fat soft cheese (2pp)          40g rocket leaves
175g broccoli, (break into small florets)

Cook pasta according to packet instructions, add broccoli for the last 3 mins of cooking time.  Heat a non-stick frying pan & spray with low fat spray.  Stir fry chicken for about 8 minutes over a medium heat until golden brown and cooked through.    Drain pasta and broccoli, reserving a little of the cooking water.  Return to the pan and mix in the pesto, soft cheese and 4 tbsps of the cooking water until evenly coated.  Stir in the chicken and rocket leaves & serve immediately in warmed bowls.

Enjoy your Sunday, I know I'm going too, might even go for a walk, actually not might will, I have to go for a half hour walk at least because I did a deal with the devil, sorry I mean Helen, one of my members! 

Ooo, my delicate has gone, I'm back to normal, so the grain and the grain hasn't done too much damage!   Enjoy your day BeYOUtiful.

No comments: