Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 19 February 2016

Mmm bread pudding



19th February 2016
When you're true to who you are, amazing things happen.  D Norville.


Friday YAY, had me a lie in, now ready to take on the world, yep 7am is a lie in round my house, would you believe I still dreamt about work though, I've just spent the last hour at an area meeting in my dream anyway!  So this will be short and sweet because when I wake up with energy, my mind is all over the place thinking about what to get done!

I've weighed and stayed the same, I'm okay with that, you only lose if you actually follow the plan, just working out the Smart Points in your meals doesn't mean you'll lose weight if there's biscuits in the kitchen you keep dipping into and mini cheddars hiding in moms footstool you know exist - just saying!  This week I shall mostly be NOT buying either and making mom remove said biscuits from my view.  I love that I have maintenance sussed though :)

I was pretty pleased with myself yesterday too, because I woke up ravenous, it was so cold and me and Kerry spent the entire morning talking about what we could eat and seriously we both could have gone Indian, Chinese, KFC or chippy at 8am yesterday, but instead when I got home I made stewed steak, sprouts and potatoes in a Yorkshire pudding for 13sp, that took some willpower I can tell you.  Then on the night the lovely Yasmin made me a chick pea and potato dish which was delicious and I had that for tea (will get recipe asap and share).  I have to say my favourite food has to be Indian, I just wished it was easy and come naturally to me.

Love that I've not got to rush today, don't have to be anywhere till later this afternoon and that's my massage, so I'll spend this morning in front of the computer doing my paperwork but at a pace that's normal instead of rushing!

Here's today's Smart Point recipe;

Savoury bread pudding
Prep 5mins, ready in 30 minutes, Serves 1, 11sp or 9sp using lighter cheese 

 
100ml skimmed milk (1sp)
1 egg (2sp)
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp chopped fresh mixed herbs such as parsley, chives or coriander
35g grated cheese (6sp) use Cathedral City Mature Lighter for 4sp
Slice of bread (2sp)

Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Whisk together milk, 1 egg, mustard and herbs.  Break bread into 1cm chunks and stir it into the milk mixture, along with cheese. Spoon into an individual sized ovenproof dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and crunchy on the top.

It's such an easy meal to make and you can play around with it, could put sliced tomatoes on the top, you can add other things to this like chunks of gammon or ham, spring onions and if you use low calorie bread it also becomes almost No Count you just count the cheese.

Right that's me, I need tea, I might have a savoury bread pudding for breakfast actually!  Yeah I'm gonna go play, add a bit of oregano maybe.

Have a wonderful day BeYOUtiful, it's a glorious bright, frosty morning out there.  I going to have myself a "Me" day and enjoy every minute of it, that will include work but I likes my job, I can live with a bit of paperwork and I won't rush to do it.



No comments: