Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 29 February 2016

Why are you not top priority?


29th February 2016
For one minute, walk outside, stand there, in silence, look up at the sky and contemplate how amazing life is.

That moment you close the wrong document, don't press save and lose your blog on a day when you've got lots to do!  Yep that's what I just did, so everything I've written once, I'm going to attempt to recall, I can't believe I just did that DOH!

So I made it through the weekend, on track and with a few weeklies left to take me to Friday. I had a delicious dinner yesterday of chicken and asparagus wrapped in Prosciutto (that bit hadn't made the first blog!). 

I've got a really busy week, ended up working a large chunk of yesterday because I realised I'd got such a busy week.  We go automated in my meeting this Saturday, so I had some work to do to get ready for that, I won't have time to do it otherwise as I've got my normal work, an area meeting that was on Tuesday but I've just read an email which has asked if I can do Thursday instead which means if I want to get to my weigh-in on Friday, I'm going to have to get up early to do at least 5 lots of paperwork from my other meetings.  I only need to add one extra thing to my already crazy busy schedule to make it ridiculous - good job I love it all.  I will make my weigh in though because Friday is now all about me and what I need to do, that includes, Weight Watchers for me, a couple of hours with my bestie, shopping for a healthy week, massage to chill me out, evening with mom to enjoy each other's company.  Yeah what isn't done by 9.30am on a Friday morning isn't getting done on a Friday, so I think it'll be setting the alarm to get it done.  This wasn't at all what I wrote in the first attempt of my blog, but I can't remember what I wrote ten minutes ago ;)

I'm going to cook the Moroccan bake today, was meant to do it yesterday but forgot the butternut squash, so will nip and get one this morning as it does look delicious.  I've got a fridge full of good healthy, easy to cook meals for the rest of the week so that's one less thing to think about.

My internet is on a super go slow, I just don't know what's going on, I'm not sure if it's the pc or the connection so that's really not helping this morning either. 

Just been on phone for 15 minutes to my boss, so that's another setback.  All these things that are happening this morning could easily give me an excuse to not to my meeting by Friday, because I'm going to be playing catch up all week but they won't because this is important to me.  Losing weight, making time for my meeting, it's going to the top of my priority list - is it at the top of yours?  If not - why not?  Why is your health and wellbeing important, why are you not doing everything in your power to improve your happiness? 

I'll leave you with that thought BeYOUtiful, here's today's Smart Points recipe, a tasty vegetarian option.

Spaghetti peperonata
Total = 24sp, Serves 2, 12sp each
5 mins to prepare and 20 mins to cook, 398 calories / serving, Freezable,

1 tbsp olive oil (5sp)
1 red pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
1 orange pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
1 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
1 small onion, finely sliced
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
handful flat-leaf parsley, leaves and stalks separated and finely chopped
1 tbsp capers, drained, rinsed and roughly chopped
2 tsp clear honey (3sp)
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
150g (5oz) wholewheat spaghetti (14sp)
vegetarian hard cheese or Parmesan, grated (1tbsp = 2sp)

This vegetarian winter warmer takes its inspiration from a classic, hearty Italian dish. Red wine vinegar and honey add a depth of flavour to this vibrant pasta recipe, which combines fragrant peppers and wholewheat spaghetti for a quick, healthy and delicious midweek main.  

In a medium lidded frying pan, heat the oil over a low heat. Add the peppers and onion with a little seasoning and cook, covered, for 15 minutes, or until softened. Add the garlic, parsley stalks and capers. Return the lid and continue cooking for 5 minutes, then stir in the honey, vinegar and parsley leaves.

Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling water following the packet instructions. Drain the pasta and add to the pan. Toss to coat in the sauce, then divide between plates. Serve sprinkled with a little cheese.

Freezing and defrosting guidelines
Freeze the sauce only – once the sauce has cooled completely, transfer it to an airtight, freezer-safe container, seal and freeze for up to 1-3 months. To serve, defrost thoroughly in the fridge overnight before reheating. Loosely cover with foil and bake until dish is thoroughly heated through. Reheat until piping hot. 



No comments: