Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 12 February 2016

Love YOU too!


12th February 2016
Set your goals high, and don't stop till you get there.  Bo Jackson.

YAY, it's Friday, the scales stayed the same for my weekly weigh in, I'll take that, I've not been perfect, last Saturday at the area meeting turned ugly, there were triangle sandwiches and mini eclairs involved, I also found some biscuits in the week and a couple of packets of pork crunch, so I will more than take a stayed the same.  Back to it now, I want my 5% and I'm 2lb away from it. 

Yesterday in London Weight Watchers were giving out lovely cards to people with these images on and a tear off message for people to give to their friends, I love the idea of doing the same on social media.  Save one of these images, post it of your social media of choice, tag, share, spread the awareness of #womankind.    




Did you know, according to recent findings from Weight Watchers, UK women criticise themselves at least eight times a day? We want to encourage women to be kinder to themselves, to build a better relationship between mind and body. It's time to be #WomanKind. Give yourself some love today. Pass it on!

Search #WomanKind to find out more.

I love that we're spread the love, that we're encouraging everyone to love themselves a little bit more, and if you're a bloke you can still share use #MyWWJourney, or hell make us your own hashtag, it's all about you and knowing YOU ARE ENOUGH!

Oh I've been sent a link for 'cloud buns/bread' this morning, which is the latest wonder food to take the internet by storm, a low carb, grain free alternative that's a good vehicle for the filling, so a substitute for bread.

Should make about 10 cloud buns/bread

3 eggs separated (6sp)
3 tbsp cream cheese (45g is 9sp, I'll needed to weigh 3 tbsp to be exact)
1/4 cream of tartar (or baking powder)
Salt and pepper. 

Preheat the oven to 150c

Put the egg yolks, cream cheese and salt and pepper into a bowl and combine till smooth.

Whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar together until you have soft peaks.

Beat in one spoonful of the egg whites into the yolk/cheese mix, then fold in the rest of the egg whites.

Drop tablespoons onto a greased baking tray (I'd use a pan liner) and bake in oven for approx 15-20 minutes. 

Work a try I reckon!  The final Smart Points will depend on what the cream cheese weighs.

I'm in a bit of a rush again this morning, got to get paperwork done, Alfie to the vets for half 8, but then once all my errands are done, I get lunch with my besties and a massage after, so I'm not going to moan.

So I'm off, here's one of my favourite old recipes I haven't made in a while, perfect for a Fakeaway;

Yuk Sung
Serves 4, pork mince = 8sp per portion, extra lean pork mince = 4sp per portion, chicken mince = 2sp per portion.

Use either
Pork mince, raw (30sp),
Extra lean pork mince (5% fat), raw (13sp)
or 450g chicken mince 6sp

1/4lb mushrooms, finely chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 small tins water chestnuts, finely chopped
WW Oil spray if necessary to fry
2 garlic cloves crushed
2 tsp Oyster sauce
1 tsp Sesame oil (2sp) Optional
Iceberg lettuce

Put spray light in wok on medium heat. Fry onion and garlic until slightly brown, add mince and fry until brown. Add mushrooms and water chestnuts. Add seasoning, oyster sauce and finally add 1tsp sesame oil (optional). Drain excess oil and serve in iceberg lettuce leaves

Happy Friday BeYOUtiful, remember happy people make healthier choices, be happy!

No comments: