Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 1 February 2016

Fab five in February

1st February 2016
You can't change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails to always reach your destination.
First of the month, had me a lovely lie in, I do love a bottle of Night Nurse (not all at once of course), it really does ensure I get a good night's sleep when I'm poorly.  Feeling human again this morning I think too, so bonus, a relaxing weekend has helped immensely.  

Today starts Fab Five in February, we're all aiming for that next five pound weight loss in my meetings and to help us do that, this week we're going to talk meal ideas that will ensure we have enough spare Smart Points for any extras we need.  However some of my members are giving up Chocolate to raise money for my 'Donate your Dinner' campaign to raise money for https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/bevww, these people are serious chocolate addicts too so it's a win / win situation.  We're heading towards £300 already on our fundraising website, and it's great that members are popping the cost of their dinner in my collection tubs in the meetings, we all can cut back on our treats for one day to donate it to the Soup Kitchen for someone who really could do with that meal!

Well I've got a lot to do this morning because I didn't get a lot done yesterday, I just felt rough as so didn't do much of anything yesterday, other than finish off the jumper I'd been knitting, then pull it all back when I decided I didn't like it and I'd rather make a blanket out of the wool, fickle me - I won't have it said.


We did manage Chicken and chips with gravy for lunch yesterday, although I used oven chips, I just couldn't be bothered to stand in the kitchen, and we had a chicken sandwich for tea to use some more of the chicken up.  I must have felt rough I didn't even have a glass of wine yesterday!

Yeah definitely feeling better than I was, as I'm ready to have a nice bath and do a bit of cooking today, I need to go get my tyre fixed, it has a slow puncture in it, caused by a nail that's stuck in there. 

Oh and the best thing that's happened so far today - my first daffodil has flowered in my back garden, that's a good sign, spring is sticking it's nose round the corner.

So with sunshine in my heart and a mug of tea in my hand, I'm ready to take on the day, might not be with my usual "let's have ya" attitude but at least I don't want to go back to bed this morning, like I have done for the last week ;)

A simple little Smart Point recipe this morning, don't forget sauces vary make to make so check the nutritional labels for sugar content and compare Smart Points.

Mushroom Stir Fry
Serves 2, 4sp each

100g tender stem broccoli
low fat cooking spray
2 garlic cloves, sliced
25g fresh ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
400g mixed mushrooms such as shitake, oyster, chestnut
½ red pepper, de-seeded and diced finely
3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce (7sp)
Juice of a lime

Cut the florets from the broccoli stalks and set aside. Then cut the broccoli stalks in half lengthways and then in half again to make short stems. Set aside. Heat a wok or non-stick frying pan until really hot. Spray and add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, pepper, broccoli florets and stalks. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally until just tender, and then add the teriyaki sauce. Remove from the heat, as it will bubble very quickly due to the heat of the pan. Squeeze over the lime, stir once more and serve immediately.
Here's to making this February Fabulous, focus on the fun factor, I'm going to also be making it a Frugal one, bit skint still, lots of bills landing at this time of year for me.  So here's to smiling regardless, I'm filling my Febuary full of fun, food and fabulousness, how about you?

Stay BeYOUtiful.

No comments: