Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 15 December 2015

What's cool about you?



15th December 2015
When looking back doesn't interest you anymore, you're doing something right.

Yet another busy day yesterday, I am looking forward to my week of at Christmas, I plan to not rush anywhere!  I've got to say though I'm also looking forward to my meetings this week and hearing how my members got on with the new Smart system, I'm not expecting miracles, after all it is Christmas time and lots are out and about enjoying Christmas parties and get-togethers, but it'll be great to hear their feedback and see how they've got on.

I cooked a delicious chicken dinner yesterday, chicken, roast potatoes and parsnips, swede and potato mash, carrots, sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, and gravy, it was lush if I do say so myself, I've just used my WW app to add it all up and it was a bargain 12sp, I even used a little oil on the roasters.  Shows you can eat 'smart' on the plan and have points left for a little of what you fancy, we all know what mine is. 

I've just been flicking through the new Smart cook book, mmm, there's a "ultimate gammon and egg pie" I like the look of, I bought a gammon joint yesterday and it uses cooked gammon so I might save some of that and make the pie later in the week, nom nom.

I'm looking forward to getting some down time this coming weekend to sit and read though my new cook book, try a couple of recipes, we've got my brother and his wife staying this week so I won't be reading much before the weekend, work and visitors mean for a none stop life.

I don't know what I've blogged and what I haven't the last week, it's all a bit of a blur now, but one of the things I asked my members to do for 'homework' this week was to complete a page in their new plan material, it asks them to write down "5 things about me that are pretty cool", well the looks on some of their faces at the prospect of having to do that was a real picture which is why the new plan is an holistic one, one that doesn't just focus on weight loss but on bring together three areas that are key to success: food, fitness and a focus on being good to yourself to help you live more healthily and happily - the latter something I've been passionate about for a very long time.  Losing weight doesn't solve all your problems, you have to learn to love you for you, realise that you are amazing and accept your BeYOUtiful!

I don't find it difficult to write 5 things, I can write more if I'm honest because I've changed over the years, I like me a lot now, that might not have been the case years ago but over the years I've worked on me and my self esteem has improved, I've learnt to love who I am, to not try to become someone I'm not but to be the best version of me I can be - I know that probably sounds twee and I don't care because it's made me a happy, content person and that's what matters.

I've noticed people find it difficult to write nice things about themselves but easy to write them about others, what's cool about you?  I'm funny, caring, generous, I make a mean roast dinner without any faffing about, I'm patient (most of the time) and apparently I can do a hilarious chicken-coming-out-of-a-slow-cooker impression! so I've been told.  That last one wouldn't have made my list but someone pointed it out yesterday when I asked my members in my group to help me write my list, they came up with plenty of things that are cool about me, hopefully helping me write mine will make them realise they should find it easier to write theirs because they're awesome too. 

So go write your cool list, if you struggle ask those around you that love and care for you, they'll help you write it I'm sure just like my members helped me write mine.

Well I better go get ready for work, I better do it quietly too as we have guests camping out on the bed settee in the living room!  Have a great day BeYOUtiful, be smart ;)

No comments: