Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 27 June 2015

Cookie monster got me!

27th June 2015
Hope but never expect. Look forward but never wait.


It's a lovely morning out there, looking forward to getting out there today, if it's nice this afternoon I can see a few hours gardening as I've got a bit of planting and tidying to do, that might earn me an activity ProPoint or two, I still have that third walk to fit in too, I didn't go yesterday. 

I did however make my beef stew, although I did it in the slow cooker so not sure that counts!  It'll be delicious today, so that's my meals sorted.  Yesterday when I met the girls I had half rotisserie chicken, potatoes and veg, so ended up having to ProPoint as I ate the skin, I'm never leaving that I'm afraid, it's too tasty.  So having looked on esource, it cost me 27pp if it was a 1.2kg chicken! OUCH! 

I must confess the rest of the day didn't improve, my massage was cancelled so mom and I had an afternoon in front of the tv, I'd spotted 2 jammy dodgers in the kitchen drawer, so when she went to walk Alfie, I turned into the intro of the pink panther, with me creeping about before she got back and pinching the biscuits and hiding the packet! 

It got worse, when she come back she bought out a packet of oatflake & treacle cookies, I had 3, no I didn't I had 4, they're 3pp each and 4 works out at 13pp - DOUBLE OUCH!

So obviously I had a sweet tooth appear from somewhere yesterday, or did I just have my greedy on and that was what was on offer without moving, I didn't have any Dinner, so counteracted it a little - NOT really!  I'm now minus 36 weeklies!  At least I'm tracking, that's progress...

I've done a good shop too which is being delivered this afternoon, no naughty stuff, mom was asked at the beginning of the week to help me stay on track, but ultimately I can't blame her, she didn't force them on me did she, they were nice too, but 3pp each nice, I don't think so.  That sweets stuffs deadly, once you start you can't stop, they've even made a film about it I was told yesterday, you can watch the trailer here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uaWekLrilY I'm not sure I'd want to sit in a cinema to watch it but I definitely would like to see it when the video comes out.  I have a feeling I might be made to go see it at the cinema though ;)

So is sugar this bad?  Apparently yes, there are astonishing amounts of sugar hidden in supposedly healthy foods on supermarket shelves - such as low-fat yoghurt, muesli and children's fruit snacks, so you may want to think about how much of that stuff you consume, I'm not saying you can't eat it but it's a case of being aware of how much you're having.  My bestie openly admits she's a sugar addict and is once again trying to go cold turkey, she's a week in and tells me she can feel a dramatic change in how she feels, more energy, better food.  It's worth looking into isn't it if you feel lethargic or just generally yak!

Anyway, I'm off to get ready for my meeting, I must have slept well because my head looks like I've been dragged through a bush!  Here's to a lovely sunshine day (hopefully) and not eating cookies (definitely)!

No comments: