Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 9 September 2010

September 9th 2010 - facebook email

As long as you’re going to be thinking anyway, THINK BIG. Donald Trump

Anyone who knows me personally knows I have a bit of a foul mouth! But there’s one swear word I absolutely hate to hear anyone use! It just makes me cringe, it makes me feel that person doesn’t have any respect for themselves using it or anyone else – any idea what that word is?

Before I tell you what the word is, I want you to do an exercise for me, I want you to write a at least five or six ways to finish the sentence “I should…..”

Go on; don’t carry on reading until you finish the sentence;

1. I should………………………………………………………………………….

2. I should………………………………………………………………………….

3. I should………………………………………………………………………….

4. I should………………………………………………………………………….

5. I should………………………………………………………………………….

6. I should………………………………………………………………………….

Have you done it? Now go over each sentence and ask yourself, “Why?” Why do you feel you should be doing those things?

You may have wrote;

I should stick to my diet.
I should lose weight.
I should go and do the ironing.
Etc, etc.

So that swear word I mentioned earlier, it’s actually the word “SHOULD” I find that more offensive that any other word – WHY?

Because I believe that ‘should’ is one of the most damaging words in our language. Every time we use should, we are actually saying “WRONG”. Either we are wrong or we need more wrongs in our life. Should implies that you ought to be doing it and if you don’t you’re bad, and that is followed by guilt, an emotion we most certainly do not need in our lives!

Freedom of choice is what we need, so I would prefer to take the word SHOULD and remove it from our vocabulary forever. Let’s replace it with the word COULD. Could gives you a choice and that way you won’t ever be wrong or need to feel guilty.

Try it, instead of saying, I SHOULD lose weight, say if I really wanted to, I COULD lose weight. This sounds totally different doesn’t it. So go back over those sentences and say them again only using COULD instead. Then ask yourself “WHY haven’t I?” and see what answers you come up with. They may include;

I don’t want to.
I’m afraid to.
I don’t know how to.
It’s too difficult
I’m not good enough.

I’ve also noticed that the “I COULD” statements become easier when we start loving ourselves, remove the guilt and give ourselves a break.

So right now go to the mirror take a good look at yourself and say, “I love and accept you exactly as you are right now, and I’m choosing to lose weight because I love you and I want to take care of your body”.

DO IT, don’t feel silly, do it now!

Remember life starts now…

Should you be living yet?

OR

Could you be living yet?

;-“)

Affirmation suggestion for the day - Everything is in divine and perfect order right now.

No comments: