Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 16 September 2010

16th September 2010 - facebook email

It's easier to go down a hill than up, but the view is much better at the top. Arnold Bennet

Cold this morning, feels like winter sitting here at 5.15am, hold on I gotta go put some socks on and make a cuppa tea!

I’m back, I put the heating on too, it’s cold, I’m going to be making a beef casserole today, bought the veggies yesterday and defrosted the meat, so just got to try and find time for the chopping of veg before I got to work this morning. It’s been a really busy week, I’ve been playing catch up all week to try and get everything done, but I’m managing to stick to my plan, I even had a pot noodle for my tea last night and still on track and I have to say they’re not what they used to be, I’m not in a rush to eat another!

Yesterday I had a quick look at the philadelpia cheese website, it has some nice recipes and little videos of how to cook them on it. Worth taking a look when you have some time. http://www.philadelphia.co.uk/philadelphia3/page?PagecRef=1

Here’s a nice recipe for some soup using low fat soft cheese, perfect for a day like today. I think I’ve got everything on that list, so may make that too.

Butternut Squash, Red Pepper and Soft Cheese Soup serves 4, 1pt each

5 spray low-fat cooking spray
1 large onion(s), chopped
1 medium butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped into chunks
1 medium red green or yellow pepper(s), deseeded and chopped
2 veg stock cubes dissolved in 1.2 litres (2 pints) hot water
100 g low-fat soft cheese
1 pinch salt & 1/4 teaspoon pepper, Freshly ground

Instructions

Spray a large saucepan with low fat cooking spray. Add the onion and cook gently for about 3 minutes, until softened, but not browned.

Add the butternut squash, red pepper and vegetable stock. Heat until simmering, then cook gently for about 25 minutes, partially covered, until the vegetables are tender.

Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor & add soft cheese. Blend for about 15 - 20 seconds, until smooth. Return to saucepan, reheat & season to taste

I understand how difficult it can be to stay on plan when you’re busy, but never forget you are the most important person in your world, so you need to take care of yourself!

Make time – easier said than done I know, but if I can do it, you can. You’re worth it!

Remember life starts now.

Are you living yet?

No comments: