Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 18 September 2010

18th September 2010 - todays facebook email

It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else's eyes. Sally Field

Oh my word, I watched Jamie Olivers American programme yesterday and I actually cried watching it, I cannot believe people can be so stubborn. Don’t get me wrong, I eat unhealthily sometimes, but when I do I know I’m making the wrong food choices, I’m not ignorant about it, pretending the Big Macs a wise food choice! If you didn’t catch it, you can watch it on demand click the link below

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/jamies-american-food-revolution/4od

I felt quite healthy after watching it I have to say!

I’ve been back tracking, measuring, weighing and following the plan since Monday and I’m chuffed because what I ate and drunk yesterday would have been my choices had I been on a diet or not and I’m still within my points and on track. 5 days without weighing myself can’t wait to get on a set of scales Monday, now I remember what it’s like to be a real dieter! If I haven’t lost I’ll be gutted! ;-)

And the one thing I’ve realised more than anything this week, if you want to succeed you have to put in some EFFORT & TIME! Yep, as much as I’d like a quick fix solution and someone to give me a little leaflet with all the answer on, that’s never going to happen. So this week I’ve been so busy, the couple of hours I usually have between meetings I’ve been driving to and from the Chiropractors etc, so I really have had to be organised and find the time to cook or think about what to do. I feel better for it too if I’m honest.

I spent a few hours at the eye infirmary yesterday with my mom, when we left after being given the all clear, mom said, “my eyes are precious, it’s best to be sure”. I totally agree with her, but isn’t it funny how when it’s something so obviously wrong with us we go and sort it out, but food and weight is something that can do damage to that same body every day and yet a lot of the time we don’t take care of it. I don’t know about you, but I think my body is just as precious as my eyes! So I’m going to try and remind myself of that on a regular basis.

I made a concoction yesterday which turned out to be delicious, I’m not usually a fan of tomato based dishes but the pineapple in this seemed to balance out the flavours, I really enjoyed it and it filled me up.

3 portions, 2pts each using;

280g chicken (4.5pts)
10 black olives (0pts)
2 tins tomatoes
Celery
200g Pineapple (1pt)
Pepper (already roasted)
Butternut Squash (left over already roasted)
Onion
Carrot
gherkins
added a bit of ginger and garlic

I love my Weight Watcher cookbooks because not only can I cook the recipes in them, I start to get ideas of how to make things up myself when I only have what’s in my fridge.

Remember life starts now.

Are you living yet?

No comments: