Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 6 September 2010

6th September 2010 - facebook email

Everyone loves to be loved. Mark Spitz

And another Monday morning rolls around, 109 days to Christmas, or rather 107 days to my holiday. One of the reasons I enjoy writing my daily email is it gets me to think positive or at least think first thing in a morning.

I’ve had a very lazy weekend, mainly because I have a trapped nerve and the doctor told me not to do too much, so when I get extra time on my hands and I feel a bit poo, I read or listen to Pooh because he cheers me up, so this morning I thought I’d share some of his wisdom with you.

An important Principle – on not getting any fatter.

“It all comes,’ said Rabbit sternly, ‘of eating too much. I thought at the time,’ said Rabbit, ‘only I didn’t like to say anything,’ said Rabbit, ‘that one of us was eating too much,’ said Rabbit, ‘and I knew it wasn’t me,’ he said…

‘Then there’s only one thing to be done,’ he said. ‘We shall have to wait for you to get thin again.’

‘How long does getting thin take?’ asked Pooh anxiously.

‘About a week, I should think.’…

‘A week!’ said Pooh gloomily. ‘What about meals?’

‘I’m afraid no meals.’ Said Christopher Robin, ‘because of getting thin quicker. But we will read to you.’…

‘Then would you read a Sustaining Book, such as would help and comfort a Wedged Bear in Great Tightness?’

WINNIE-THE-POOH

Pooh used a crash diet once, in an emergency to get out of a particularly tight spot (Rabbit’s front door), but it’s not something he would want to do again – ever. And it is not something he would recommend. Neither would I, nor would the world’s leading nutrition and medical experts. As Pooh knows, crash diets don’t work because afterwards you go back to your previous weight or even heavier.

What does work is permanently changing your habits one step at a time, slowly but surely shaping your future.

The Weight Watchers points system helps you to control what you eat and the discover plan gives you lots of ideas for changing your habits.

So what habit will you focus on this week? I’m choosing the mind, I’m going to focus on thinking positively and taking some ‘me time’ each day after my lunch I plan to do 15 minutes meditation.

If you’re interested in having a go at meditation yourself here’s a youtube video link to help, it’s the first of a three parter.

Meditation for Beginners Part 1

Remember life starts now…

Are you living yet?

No comments: