Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 22 September 2010

22nd September 2010

If you really do put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price.

I heard something the other day and it stuck in my mind, “if you are the caretaker of your family, you have got to take care of yourself first then you've got so much more to give.” How true is this, you cannot take care of everyone else, a house, a family etc, if you’re not taking care of yourself first! So let’s get on with doing that eh.

If you’re reading this email and you haven’t been to one of my meetings for a while, and there are some of you because I’ve browsed the member list, then it’s time to come back to a meeting! It’s less than 100 days till Christmas, so you want to be able to look and feel good in time for that, but more importantly, don’t you want to look and feel good all the time? I know just eating healthy filling foods for the last 10 days has made me feel 100% better, I’ve been spending every weekend for the last few months slobbing in front of the tv, but this weekend I didn’t, I moved around and did stuff, because I had more energy!

So I expect to be seeing a few of you this week or next, after all from a totally selfish point of view, or as mentioned at the beginning, I’m taking care of me as well as being the caretaker of my members, “if you don’t get weighed, I don’t get paid!”

So moving on and changing the subject, did you know why we’re told that you should be chewing your food 20 times before you swallow, well the reason for this is we’ve got little stretch receptors in our jaw, so the more you open your jaw and shut, the more you chew, the better because it actually sends a signal to the part of your brain that acknowledges that you’re full. Mmm interesting…

Also to help you get slim without feeling hungry, remember whole grain cereals keep you fuller for longer reducing the temptation to snack. So maybe have wholegrain cereals at breakfast time if you get peckish mid morning.

Staying slim isn’t just about looking good it’s about staying healthy. Did you realise that 2 litres of regular coke has 40 teaspoons of sugar in it! All empty calories! That’s a staggering amount and if you have a bag of sugar go put that many spoons in a bowl to see! You may not drink it anymore but do your kids? If so why not mix unsweetened fruit juice with sparkling water for lower calorie fizzy drinks.

Crisps too are obviously high in fat, so you could consider snacking on popcorn instead or better still fruit! I’m buying a lot more fruit at the moment to try and encourage me to eat more as it’s not something I’m in the habit of.

There are lots of little things that can be done to make a difference without it being a big deal; it’s about making small, regular, permanent steps to change for good. And the first step you should make is walking back into your meeting because I can’t help you if you’re not there!

So let’s have a fabulous day, hopefully it’ll be another lovely bright day like yesterday, the sky yesterday morning was awesome, so if you’re up when the sun rises this morning take a moment to enjoy the view, it truly is beautiful and proves there’s more to life than food!

Remember life starts now.

Are you living yet?

No comments: