Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 11 September 2010

11th September 2010

Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death. Earl Wilson

What you put your attention on GROWS!

So stop looking at your tummy ;-)

I don’t want to be fat,
I don’t want to eat chips,
I don’t want to go over my points,
I don’t want to gain weight this week,

These statements show how we fight the negative mentally. Thinking that if we do then the positive will automatically come to us, unfortunately it doesn’t work that way.

Moaning about what you don’t want doesn’t bring you what you do want! Correct?

Moaning about it doesn’t make a situation improve nor bring you what you want. The more you dwell on what you don’t want, the more of it you create. So for the last week I’ve been whining over my trapped nerve in my back and guess what it’s not got any better.

Why is this? Because what you focus your attention on grows and becomes permanent in your life. So move away from what you don’t want and focus on what it is that you do want, so lets see how those sentences could read in a more positive way.

I am slimmer.
I eat and enjoy healthy foods.
I am sticking within my points.
I am continually losing weight each week.

These are all affirmations, the ones at the top of the page negative ones, those directly above positive ones! I talked about affirmations earlier in the week and honestly they work.

If you continually make positive statements about how you want your life to be, then its more likely to happen. One thing to remember when using affirmations is to always make them in the PRESENT TENSE, such as “I am” or “I have”. If you’re saying, “I want”, or “I will have” then your subconscious is so clever that it will leave it for now because you’re not asking for it now. So it will always be just out of reach in the future.

And remember at the same time as you’re making all these affirmation statements you need to be loving and accepting the person you are now – because you are amazing after all, let’s not forget that! We all are!

If you can learn to love and accept yourself for who you truly are, no matter what, then everything else in life becomes so much easier.

Remember that exercise with the mirror a couple of days ago when I asked you to look in the mirror and say, “I love and accept you exactly as you are right now,” Did you do it?

Trust me, if you didn’t do it now because loving yourself makes you feel good. Self approval and self acceptance is wonderful, never criticising yourself is awesome.

Ooo I can almost hear you all now, saying things like.

“But I’ve always criticised myself”
“I’m not perfect, how can I say those things”
“how can I possibly like everything about myself, my bums huge!”
“Isn’t it arrogant to love yourself?”

Anything I’ve missed?

You don’t need to be perfect no one is, but you are amazing and you should acknowledge that.

Repeat after me,

“I LOVE ME I DO”

Have a great day ;-)

No comments: