Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 10 September 2010

10th September 2010 - today's facebook email

When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you. Lao Tzu

I’ve been reading my self help books again haven’t I to pick me up as my backs been giving me a great deal of pain, so apologies, but you’ve got to put up with me being all “positive” in my emails too ;-). You may wander what any of this has to do with weight loss, but trust me; most weight problems start in the mind and with the emotions!

The only thing you have any control of is your current thought! Think about that for a moment!

Your old thoughts are gone; there is nothing you can do about them except live out the experiences they caused. Your current thought, the one you are thinking right now, is totally under your control.

So do you believe that your mind controls you? That you have not control over your actions?

Well it doesn’t!

You are in control of your mind. YOU use your mind. YOU can stop thinking those thoughts and replace them with different thoughts.

So when your old thinking tries to come back and say, “It’s so hard to change”, take control. Say to your mind, “I now choose to believe it is easy for me to make changes”. You may need to have this conversation a few times with your mind for it to accept that you are in control and that what you decide goes, but it’ll catch up eventually!

Of course its going to rebel at first, just as a child would who’s been allowed to stay up late during the six weeks holidays and suddenly has to go back to going to bed at 7pm, for the first few nights they will probably play up but eventually they’ll get the message and go to sleep. Your mind just like your kids does not want to be retrained, but remember you are in control and if you stay focused and firm, eventually the new way of thinking will become established. And how great will you feel realising how strong you are and not that helpless victim after all. Take back your power, be the master of your own mind!

So relax and take a deep breathe, and as you breathe out allow the tension to leave your body. Relax your face and your entire body, lift your shoulders up then release them and let them hang loose. Now say to yourself, “I am willing to let go of my old thoughts, I release all tension. I release all fear. I release all anger. I release all guilt. I release all sadness. I let go of all old limitations. I let go and I am at peace with myself. I am at peace with my body. I am at peace with the process of life. I am safe.

Repeat it a few times and feel the tension leave your body, by doing this you are clearing away all the old negative thoughts from your mind and preparing it to accept new ones.

Think about how much love you have in your heart, enough to make a great many feel special, enough to heal a lot of peoples but just for today use that love to heal YOU. Feel a warmth beginning to glow in your heart, a softness, a gentleness. From today use this feeling to remind you to change the way you think and talk about yourself.

Choose an affirmation to help you get through today; this will of course be different for all of us. Some suggestions could be;

“I now discover how wonderful I am, I choose to love and enjoy myself”
“I lovingly take care of my body, my mind and my emotions.”
“I love and approve of myself”
“I forgive others. I forgive myself. I am free to love and enjoy life.”

Remember life starts now….

Are you living yet?

No comments: