Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 30 September 2010

30th September 2010 - facebook group email

Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. Carl Gustav Jung

Last day of September and 12 weeks to Christmas – YAY, and I know I shall be lighter by then for sure because I’m enjoying taking care of my body and mind, and when you enjoy something and don’t treat it like a duty, you enjoy it more.

Loved that some of you did the gratitude thing on my wall, let’s keep that going and do it again today, so mine are;

1. Yesterday I got into my skinny jeans that haven’t fit me all year – and not just one pair!
2. I’m grateful for Julie, Chris and all of my helpers without whom I couldn’t run my meetings.
3. I’m grateful that Alfie woke me up early as he needed a number two and didn’t do it in the house!

What you grateful for, go write it on the facebook group wall or use the comment below - if it works!

I had an appointment yesterday at the doctors about my back, I booked it 2 weeks ago because I’ve got so much on at the moment it was the only time I could fit it in and when I rushed to get there, I was told my appt wasn’t on the system and my doctor was on holiday for two weeks. Normally I might have lost my temper but I just smiled and said, “that’s ok, I’ve had a bad back for 5 years, what’s another 2 weeks”. Yep sometimes its just not worth getting wound up about is it.

Still off booze and only 1or2 cups of tea a day and I feel fabulous, my sleep was disturbed by a little doodle called Alfie last night but hey ho, he’s a lot better than he was! Maybe less caffeine is one of the reasons I’m calmer, it does make you agitated doesn’t it! What I am having to remember to do though is drink more water, because I’m having a lot less fluid each day without my mugs of tea. Few people - whether active or not - drink sufficient water, and side effects of even slight dehydration include headaches, fatigue and low concentration levels. Yet increasing fluid intake can increase energy levels, aid digestion, give skin a boost and help boost your anti-aging armoury (cheap than Elemis face cream). Concentrate on drinking little and often throughout the day, being extra vigilant after exercise or when you've been confined in a dry, overheated or air-conditioned environment.

Another great day yesterday in my meetings, it always amazes me how much my members have in common and how alike they all are, but at the same time how each meeting has its own personality and even though my meeting topic is the same for the week, it’s rarely the same in any meeting and that’s why I love my work, I’ve loved watching the light go on in so many peoples eyes this week, it’s very rewarding.

When you find work, hobbies and activities that you enjoy and are rewarding you are less likely to treat eating as a recreational pastime! Boredom and dissatisfaction with our lives are two of the major reasons why we overeat. So if you’re bored or unhappy think about what you can do to rectify that. There’s always a solution if you look hard enough.

So whatever you have planned today, whether its work or pleasure, find a way to enjoy it. If you’re coming to get weighed, don’t forget your smile and enthusiasm ;-)

Remember life starts now.

Are you living yet?

Bev xx

No comments: