Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 30 December 2022

Word of the year...

30th December 2022
Words are powerful.

Well I said I wasn't going to watch Harry & Meghan but after a conversation with his sister the other day, I decided I would, she's a Meghan fan and I couldn't comment on something I hadn't seen.  Have I changed my opinion of her and the whole situation?  Yeah a little but that's not the reason for the blog, Then one thing she did mention in the show was 'A word of the year' and I liked the idea.  Resolutions have become very unpopular over the last decade, mostly because people realised they don't actually work, but the idea of choosing one word to focus on for the year ahead, well maybe that's a good idea. 

But which word!  I mean there's so many and 'happy' is too obvious!  I did a bit of googling and as always, I'm stealing with pride, so here's some help, start by reflecting over the year that's about to end and write down the first thing that pops into your head, 

What could I use more of in my life?
What could I use less of in my life?
What characteristics would I like to have?
By the end of the day, I feel ______ (fill in the blank).
How do I want to feel?

If like me you're struggling with characteristics, here are some suggestions. 


That's a starting place, next think about how a perfect day would feel, FEEL being the important word here, how do you want to feel in the morning, at work, throughout the day.  

Here's another question to complete, 'Over the last year I've felt that I was....' write down 1-3 words that come to mind. 

How do you want to feel at the end of 2023?  Again be as descriptive as possible, write a paragraph or bullet points, what are your goals for the year ahead?  Do you want to spend more time with friends, learn something new, work on yourself? 

Start making a list of words that appeal to you, the first ones that come to mind.  Once you have a list, narrow it down to three, then to one, but hey, this is your year, if you want more than one word - that's okay!

Here's some word suggestions if you need them? 

I'm going to think on mine today as it's our last day here in Ireland, we travel home tomorrow.  I've had a mixed year, I need to get a handle on my emotions, I do know that, but at the same time I'm a big believer in having a cry when you want to, so it's a tough one that!  I wouldn't change my life which his great, I love being in love, I love being a step mom, I don't love the reality that it sometimes comes with but you can't have the good without the rest, life's not like that is it.  I've never had to worry about others before apart from mom of course but that was different, I'm gone from being a single lady to having commitments, it's taking some getting used to.  I've also had a year where someone else got to influence our lives and moods beyond our control - I didn't like that either.

Oh and don't get me started on teenage emotions and behaviours, lol. 

Yeah I've done a lot of thinking the last couple of weeks, I've had plenty of time to do it, middle of nowhere, crap tele and broadband reception. 

We've got visitors coming today, so I better move my ass. 

Let me know if you choose to pick a word, I'd love to know.

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx

No comments: