Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 1 December 2022

Stay strong! It's not Christmas yet :)

Thursday 1st December 2022
It's gonna be tough but you can do it!


December 1st, start of advent, it's beginning to look a lot like silly season when it comes to food temptation!  

There was temptation in my house yesterday with it being Aryn's birthday, I only had one doughnut, completely resisted the cheesecake, then his meal of choice for tea was a KFC bucket, now I didn't think we were having them again after the last one made him poorly but it was his birthday so I went with it, I did go smaller than the usual one, a 6 piece bucket because it was on offer on my app, and I was allowed one drumstick - 175 calories, that was my lot!  He inhaled the rest and then disappeared to his room.

He had a good birthday I think, he seemed to like his blanket I got him with photos from our year on it, memories from our days out and Christmas etc, he was pleased with Elle's gift because it had a water bottle in it and he'd broken his school one, then I think his biggest reaction came from a tenner in a card from Pam, he was over the blooming moon with that.  There was nothing from Ireland, but he didn't show that it bothered him so hopefully everything we did wiped that thought away.  

He chose to go to the gym after school and we did a good 45-minute cardio session, he's building it up nicely, I'm taking it really easy but he's up to running now so a good pair of running shoes can go on his Christmas list.  I have to say I didn't want to go, I had heartburn already from the doughnut, I was in pain, and it was cold, but I did feel better when I came out, so I need to remember that next time. 

I'm definitely making the Hello Fresh meatballs today, I've fancied them all week and I want a decent meal after yesterday's junk.  At least we had one decent meal yesterday, crumpets and scrambled eggs for breakfast.  

The poor lad had a snotty nose again, he seems to be catching everything that's going, nothing really bad but just a lurking cold that keeps coming back, he's not used to being round so many people, I guess.  My cough finally seems to be settling, I've had two really good night's sleep without any coughing fits in the middle of the night - YAY!

I had a bit of an emotional moment yesterday, a couple of tears, I was thinking of my mom and reminded that I really did have the best mom in the world, there wasn't anything she wouldn't do for me or my siblings, we were her priority.  We didn't have a lot but we were always looked after, fed and although I can't remember what gifts we got, we always got something to open on our birthdays even though she was hard up and struggled financially.  The one thing we always had the gift of was her time, she was always there for us, she bought us up telling us we were amazing and could do anything we put our mind too, we were good enough and that's what made her the best mom in the world, she was there, and we loved her for it.  She became my best friend and damn there are days when I truly miss her, yesterday was one of them.  She'd have loved Aryn, she loved Daragh, it's written in her old diaries and if I believed in all that after life stuff, I'd say she sent him back to me last year at a perfect time. 

Anyway, I'm getting soppy and I need to be getting ready for work lol.  I was asked yesterday what I wanted for Christmas and I couldn't think of anything, how good is that!  Although I would like a sofa that's big enough for two large Irish lads and me :) but apart from a bottle of perfume and some fluffy socks, I couldn't think of anything.  

Let's have a good first day of December, I'm thinking eggs for breakfast again, I'm out of bread but I think there's a couple of slices in the freezer, or I could have crumpets, mmm decisions, decisions. 

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx









No comments: