Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 22 December 2022

Weeks going so quickly..

Thursday 22nd December 2022
Do Christmas your way...

Well it's been a few days since I blogged as there's not much happening, I'm doing a lot of sitting on my ass watching crap tele and drinking tea - yes tea, I've not drunk much wine YET.  

Himself hasn't really stopped, Monday with the help of a mate, they tiled the one bathroom and finished the flooring in the other bathroom, then laminated Aryn's bedroom floor which now looks great, all it needs now is a desk and chair and his room is finished.  Tuesday he spent the day running errands to sort stuff and mowing the lawn, it's a big garden, he did the front though which was quite an achievement as it hadn't been touched for over a year, he's talking about borrowing some sheep for the back, you can't mow an acre of rough terrain, not if you're smart anyways.  Yesterday he finished off the painting round the tiling, last Christmas I hadn't quite painted enough, I thought they'd tile that bit too!  

Whilst all that was going on, I cooked a beef dinner Monday, it was amazing, parsnips are good here at the moment.  I put the Christmas tree up too and it's lovely if I do say so myself.  A couple of hours singing Christmas songs whilst making the living room look festive was just what I needed.   Aryn had a couple of hours with his mom early evening so the house was quiet for a few hours.

I didn't do much of anything Tuesday but watch tv and cook some dinner, can't even recall what we ate!  Then yesterday we were going to do our Christmas food shop, but thanks to lack of communication and folk not following the rules of the court order the shine was taken off that!  The upside of it I guess was I only got the bare essentials, I wasn't in the mood to do my usual, 'yay let's buy it all' Christmas food shop.   The cost of everything this year is taking the shine off shopping anyway isn't it!  Ultimately it's a Sunday roast with turkey, I have the makings of that, shops open again on the 27th don't they so it's all good.   By the end of the shop we were messing about in their version of B&M's but much smaller, I just want Aryn to have a good Christmas without all this animosity, a simple phone call or text is all it takes, you can't just turn up without warning, heck five minutes later we wouldn't have been in anyway and Aryn's the one who missed out because of it. Deep sigh...

We had some dinner, it was nothing special but used up food I wanted eating, then himself went out to drink with his dad, I had an early night and he rolled in around one ish, very, very drunk but happy.  He needed a night off and some laughter, he works hard and cares always.

I don't know what's on his to do list today, apart from chopping logs, that's a daily job, you can't beat a log fire but damn they burn the wood fast! I'm thinking good old fish fingers and chips for dinner, I bought some nice chunky ones in Supervalu yesterday, oh yeah I have to say that shop sells some really good food, it's not cheap but it's nice.  Then we did our main food shop at Lidl's as that's the only option, again not a bad shop but I wanted some Yorkshire tea and it wasn't happening, I'm such a Brit, wanting my own tea, I did get me a bottle of Lemoncillo though which I'm going to really enjoy over Christmas.

It's 7am and all is quiet in the house, he'll be spark out for hours still I reckon and he'll possibly have a poorly head when he wakes up.  Aryn went to bed early, I think the events of the day impacted him more than he lets on which is such a shame because he had been watching tele and sitting with us the last few nights.

I'm gonna go tidy the kitchen, then watch crap tele again because I can.  I thinking jam on toast for breakfast, nom nom.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me    




No comments: