Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 26 December 2022

Well I'd happily do that again today...

Monday 26th December 2022
Happy day after Christmas, merry rest of the year.

Boxing day ain't it!


Christmas Eve was a relaxed one, his sister had stopped over as we'd all been out for a meal the night before to celebrate his dads birthday, I came home early with Aryn as he was shattered, he'd been to Donegal with his mom to see his new niece, left at 9.30am got back at 4pm so he was a very, tired boy.  The rest of them went on for more drinks, I think the sentence I heard as I walked away was, 'I'll only be an hour, we'll have a couple more, then come home', erm....  I got a call over an hour later to say, his sister and one daughter had decided to sleep over and they were having a few more!  I heard them roll in at 2am, at 4am they were still going strong and the noise was getting louder - I got up, called them noisy bastards and went and made me a cuppa.  I got my revenge when they woke up around 9am with killer hangovers lol.

We drove Niamh home and nipped in to see his mom leaving Aryn to sleep in, popped in Lidl's for a last few things and got home around 2, ready to relax.  We settled to watch a film together and I went and fetched the Christmas Eve sacks I'd put together for us, treats to eat, a Christmas t-shirt and a new mug, silly bits.  WELL, it turned out they'd already been opened by a Christmas mouse, the little shit had nibbled into each bag, had a chunk of galaxy caramel from two bags and a malteser from the other.  He's obviously living in the spare room because we've left a trap out two nights on the trot with a chunk of chocolate on it, next morning the chocolate is gone and there's no sign of the clever mouse!  

We all agreed an early night was a good idea, Aryn did suggest we got up at midnight to open our gifts, I was having none of that!

As for Christmas day itself, what a lovely day, no stress in our house on Christmas day, I even managed a little lie in, Aryn got up around 8, with a little encouragement and we all had a cuppa and opened our gifts, everyone seemed pleased, no disappointed faces anyway.  I then made us all bacon sarnies and they settled down to watch a film, I disappeared into the kitchen to cook dinner.  We did our food shop at the local lidl's here in Ireland, I bought the smallest fresh turkey they did for a bargain ten euros, 3.8kg, I wasn't sure about it if I'm honest, he looked skinny and not as round around the chest as I've had before but I thought, it's one meal and we can drown it with gravy if its crap.  It wasn't, it was bloomin delicious as was everything else, the best parsnips I've tasted in years (easily pleased me), yeah, the only thing I forgot was the Yorkshire puddings, as I was putting it all out and adding the gravy, I remembered.  So, I threw them in the oven as we started eating the rest and the were ready half way through eating :) 

Full to the brim, we sat down to watch more tv and all agreed we'd rather have a snooze, so we all went back to bed, I slept 90 minutes, Aryn the same and himself did 2 hours.

For tea we had vol-u-vents which I adore and even though I'd asked and they'd said they didn't want food, I knew when they were cooked they'd eat mine, so I doubled up!  

We all had an early night, happy with our day, I've been awake since half five, I do believe I was woken by the words, 'time for a cuppa', so I've made us both one and he's gone back to sleep - really!

I'm thinking bacon and scrambled eggs on soda bread toast for breakfast, no idea about the rest of the day, maybe bubble and squeak with the leftovers, thankfully there aren't a lot, there's only a bit of the turkey to eat.  I forgot to get a spare loaf - oops, hence the soda bread, there is half a loaf in the freezer and a few slices of brown but there will be no white bread sarnies in this house today - they'll live. 

I hope everyone had a lovely day as we did, it's lovely seeing all the photos on Facebook of families spending time together.

Here's to another lovely, calm day, chilling, sitting in front of a log fire and watching crap tv.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x

No comments: