Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 13 March 2023

Why are you doing it? Or why do you want to do it!

Monday 13th March 2023
Never forget why you're doing it!


We ask WHY quite often in our huddles, I'm doing it for health & energy, I won't mind feeling better in my clothes and enjoying buying them again too though, why are you doing it?

Was I golden over the weekend, no, but I did have a wonderful weekend and I continued to track everything so that I was aware of what I was doing.

Saturday we had a sausage sandwich using the honey & mustards sandwiches from HelloFresh, omg I wish they sold them separately rather than part of a meal because they were delicious, 236 calories for 2 though.  

For our dinner I made up t-bone steak, we used up the leftover chippy chips from last night, although I left mine, I just ate half the steak with the peas and mushrooms, I was full, this is a new feeling.  I had the smaller steak of the two, that plate is his.  
 

What was left of my steak, I made a sandwich of it last night for tea, it was lush with some mustard on.  The tbones were from Essington Fruit Farm, they're £23kg, they hadn't gone up in price since the last time we fetched some which impressed me and it's around the same price as I've paid anywhere over the last few years, Westwood's is another butchers I've used in the past.  You can probably get them cheaper but they wouldn't be the thickness these were I don't think, always check the per kg price.  

Breakfast was cheesy scrambled egg on toast. The bread I bought had sourdough in which was why I picked it up but I hadn't realised it was thick bread so almost 150 calories a slice - ouch.

Dinner was simple, I'd chopped and frozen leftover beef in gravy a few weeks ago, we had it with spinach mash and carrots, the ingredients left from the HelloFresh meal I hadn't cooked and the sprouts I'd had from Aldi last Monday, they kept really well. I didn't put loads on anyone's plate, said 'there's more in the pans in you want it", but no one did, so we don't need the portions we usually have!.



We had a lovely weekend, I look forward to him arriving as much on a Friday afternoon as I did the first time he knocked my door 18 months ago.  We enjoyed our steak meal in front of the tele just as much, if not more than we would've enjoyed going out for a posh meal.  

So a lot of red meat this weekend, need to balance that out now, I can tell from my stomach it's much more difficult to digest. I've got a Gusto box coming today, I'm already impressed by the contact from them, the email tells me when the meals needs eating by, that's saved me the job of checking the dates which I have to do with HelloFresh, these are the meals I've chose;

  

  

The dates are good too, I could keep one for Friday for all of us and the other for the weekend.  

Anyway, I need to get my backside to the pool, I know have exercises to do in the water, but my memory is so bad I'm never gonna remember them all lol, I'll try and remember a couple and build up over time.  I've been a little achy this weekend, but that's muscle ache which will go away.  Ooo I've got a massage this afternoon to work on my pain, I've also got a check up with the nurse today, gonna tell her about my acid reflux and heartburn whilst I'm there.

Let's have a healthy day, I'm still working on my fibre, I need to work on the water intake, it's been a little better the weekend because he drinks it which reminds me too, but the cold weather doesn't encourage me.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me 

No comments: