Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 2 March 2023

The bugs hit the house - thankfully not me!

Thursday 2nd March 2023
Make your story great!


Oh ma'an I have a poorly boy on the sofa!  He didn't go to school yesterday, looks like he could have the bug going round and I've heard him up in the night too so I don't think he's any better.  He didn't eat a thing yesterday, so I know he's proper poorly!  Gutted because he had 100% attendance and he's just started his new subjects for his option but heck I missed an awful lot of school because of my Epilepsy and I've done okay, so we won't worry too much.

As for my day yesterday, I had a very hungry day, I think it was partly started because I went to do an hour in the pool, Aryn messaged me as I got out to say he was poorly and could I call school so I came home to check on him before work, rang the school, made sure he was okay then went to work without having had anything to eat.  I got back just before 11 starving and decided on skipping the omelette and going straight to the soup but that ended up with a side of cheese toastie!  The bread was there on the side - stale, so I thought, I could fry that and add a bit of cheese - foolish woman, 538 calories later!  It was delicious though, I used 40g of cheese too when 30g would've been plenty! 


I waited and waited to eat my tea because Aryn had came to sit with me and I'd asked if he wanted food and he'd said no so I didn't want to eat in front of him making him feel worse.  When I did eat again I was starving (I wasn't starving but I wanted lots of food) 686 calories on that there plate, damn it was god though and I'd fancied egg and chips since the weekend, the chips were good but not amazing, I'm yet to find an amazing frozen chip.  I cooked these in the actifry which made them better I guess.

Whilst waiting for this food I'd been hungry and ended up with some avocado smash on another slice of bread.  The last bits going in the bin, it's bloody stale for god sake and white bread is crap, I didn't buy it, himself did so I'm not losing out am I.  We're not on the breadline (Literally) yet!

I ended on track though with 3 calories to spare lol.  I like having a few left in the week though in case I indulge at the weekend, hey ho.  I earned 490 calories through my Fitbit so that's a bonus.  

My aim this week is to up my Fibre, I've been going really low which I ignore because my bowels work well but fibre isn't just about having a poo is it now, it helps our digestion and cardiovascular health and it encourages stable blood sugar levels - see much more than just having a poo.  It also of course helps us feel full and manage our appetite which helps with our weight loss journey.  

Anyway, I managed 18.8g yesterday and 17g the day before which was about treble what I was eating the weekend!  Need brown bread see not that white stuff! 

I'm sat in my bedroom because he's on the sofa and I don't want to disturb him, I like it up here though, it's warmer on my bed with my feet under the covers.  The cats are still here though, wherever I go they follow and crate havoc!

Busy day ahead, Elle's car has broken so she's being dropped off but I'll be playing taxi today, seriously between us, we aren't having any luck with cars! 

Now food wise today, I'd planned to make a pork dinner tomorrow but I hadn't planned todays meal, with Aryn being poorly, I might just have beans of toast (lots of fibre there) and keep it simple no need to defrost or prepare anything, if he improves he could have the same or maybe he can have some scrambled eggs.  I ask my mom advisor Elle what to feed poorly kids :) 

Right let's get ready for the day, I'll have my omelette for breakfast, mushrooms don't have much fibre in them 100g = 7g fibre, a medium tomato has 0.8g fibre in it.  I can eat a red apple I guess for another 1.2g.  Oh I have a cauliflower (1.8g per 100g) that needs using up, now I'm not eating that for breakfast but I could do something with it today. 

Have a great day, think about your choices.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx


No comments: