Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 17 March 2023

Happy St Patricks Day

Friday 17th March 2023
Take care of you - you're important too!



Good sleep followed by a lovely chat with himself this morning on the phone, he's started St Patricks Day early, sounds like he had a good night last night, the park owners wanted him to stay tonight for the celebrations but he needs to come back to celebrate with us!  He did sound like he'd had a good night and that makes me happy.  Thankfully he doesn't start till 8 and he's only got to do a few hours today.

I'm still in a bit of pain, not as bad as yesterday so I think I'm going to have a quiet day, I've got the cat people coming to check the cats are microchipped, when she dropped them initially her machine wasn't charged, then it got pinched, but we've got there eventually, I don't know how she plans to catch Coco, but I'll try and shut as many doors as possible to narrow down his escape routes.  

Once she's been I'm going to do a bit of tidying, Aryn hoovered for me yesterday and even washed up, it was lovely to come home to find he had done it.  I'm then gonna have a bath to ease my muscles and get myself ready for tonight, I'm looking forward to a night out.  I won't hold out much hope for the scales again this week, as I've not been great this week but I have eaten good food, but for some reason I've had chocolate which I don't normally bother with, that last tub of celebrations needs moving out the kitchen!  

We had another Gousto meal, mmmm very, very nice, (recipe below)
 


Lamb burger was lush, I really liked the herby feta and carrot with sultana works really well, I ate the lot, left some of the chips, but yes definitely enjoyed.  I’m impressed with my discounted stuff this week, if you wanna try, here’s the code 65% off first box & 25% for 2 months! https://cook.gousto.co.uk/raf?promo_code=BEVER43868435&utm_source=iosapp

The discounts are fab, I've worked out that even when they're full price, if I have 4 meals for 4 people, it works out at £3 per person per meal, so I know there aren't 4 of us, but we either have the rest the day after or I freeze it, I like to get my money's worth!  Plus it stops me going shopping where I'll spend more! 

Fruit and Allbran or an omelette for breakfast today I think, I'll probably skip lunch as we are going out later and if I do eat, I'm not hungry for dinner, oh I do love food, don't you? 

Happy St Patricks day to any Irish out there, if you're English, you're allowed to pretend to be Irish today apparently!  One St Patricks days I'd like to be in Chicago to see them turn the river green, how amazing is this; 
I would like to see that in person, they also have a parade, they know how to do it.  

Today however, we'll spend it in a pub in Wolves with my brother and we'll enjoy it just as much because we're together.

Let's enjoy the day shall we? 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me 

Persian-Style Lamb Burger With Herby Feta And Harissa Mayo

6439 reviews

To add a Middle Eastern twist to these burgers, you'll top cumin-spiced British lamb patties with herb-infused feta. Serve with chips and a zingy carrot and sultana slaw. Sensational!

Ingredients

For 2 people [double for 4]


1 tsp ground cumin


2 ciabattas †


30g feta †


15ml red wine vinegar †


30ml mayonnaise †


3 white potatoes


20g harissa paste


2 carrots


250g British lamb mince


5g coriander


1 garlic clove


30g sultanas

You’ll also need

Olive oil, pepper, salt, vegetable oil

 

 

Cooking instructions

For 2 people [double for 4]


1. 

Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C (fan)/ gas 7

Cut the potatoes (skins on) into chips

Add the chips to a baking tray with a drizzle of vegetable oil and a pinch of salt and pepper

Give everything a good mix up and put the tray in the oven for 20-25 min or until golden and crisp


2. 

Whilst the chips are in the oven, peel and finely chop (or grate) the garlic

Add the chopped garlic to a bowl with the lamb mince and ground cumin and a generous pinch of salt and pepper

Massage the meat with clean hands for 1 min (this helps the patties hold their shape whilst cooking) then shape into 2 [4] equal-sized patties

Add to a tin foil-lined baking tray and put into the oven for 15-20 min or until cooked through


3. 

Chop the coriander roughly, including the stalks


4. 

Add the chopped coriander to a bowl and crumble in the feta

Add a drizzle of olive oil and a generous pinch of pepper and stir it all together – this is your herby feta


5. 

Chop the sultanas roughly

Top, tail, peel and grate the carrots

Add the chopped sultanas and grated carrot to a separate bowl with the red wine vinegar and a pinch of salt

Give everything a good mix up – this is your zingy carrot & sultana slaw


6. 

Meanwhile, slice the ciabattas in half

Heat a large, dry, wide-based pan (preferably non-stick) over a medium heat

Once hot, add the ciabatta halves, cut side down, and cook for 2-3 min or until warmed through


7. 

Combine the harissa paste (can't handle the heat? Go easy!), mayo, a drizzle of olive oil and 1 tsp [2 tsp] water in a small bowl – this is your harissa mayo

Spread a spoonful of harissa mayo onto the warmed ciabatta halves, then top with the lamb patties and the herby feta – this is your Persian-style lamb burger

Serve with the chipszingy carrot & sultana slaw and any remaining harissa mayo to the side

Enjoy!

 

 

Nutritional information

Typical values

per 100g

per serving

Energy

659 kJ

3445 kJ

156 kcal

819 kcal

Fat

6.8 g

35.6 g

of which saturates

2.5 g

12.9 g

Carbohydrate

16.9 g

88.4 g

of which sugars

4.0 g

20.6 g

Fibre

1.5 g

8.0 g

Protein

7.2 g

37.7 g

Salt

0.33 g

1.75 g

*Gousto’s nutritional information only applies to ingredients supplied by Gousto. The cooking process and additional ingredients added at home (listed under “You’ll also need”) will affect total values.

 


No comments: