Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 6 March 2023

I'm improving all round!

Monday 6th March 2023
Start thanking yourself today!
 

They say 

And I have to say at the moment I agree, I do feel better already, I started tracking on the 17th February so it's not quite been a month, so it's just over 2 weeks and yes I do feel it, I managed to go for a half hour walk yesterday, I haven't done that in a long time, it was 20 minutes before my leg pain started to hurt and 25 minutes before I wished I was home but I did it and it was improvement.  I give credit for that to a few things, my weight loss isn't getting any yet, it isn't enough and I'm re losing weight I'd already lost, so no.  It's more likely to be the walking in the pool I've been doing, the couple of epsom salt baths I've had and most likely the winner for it is Nikki she's given me a couple of treatments including cupping to focus on my pain.  Now I've been asked what cupping is so here's the info; 

Cupping therapy 

What is it & how can it help you?

Have you noticed more and more celebrities showing up to events with little round marks on their backs? These come from cupping therapy. But what is it?

Cupping is a type of alternative therapy that involves placing cups on the skin to create suction. This suction is thought to improve the flow of energy in the body and facilitate healing.

One of the oldest medical texts to mention cupping therapy is Eber’s papyrus (1550 B.C.) from Ancient Egypt, though cupping is a part of many ancient healing systems, including Chinese, Unani, traditional Korean, and Tibetan.

Greek physician Hippocrates, often referred to as the “father” of medicine, even compiled descriptions of cupping techniques.

Cupping increases blood circulation to the area where the cups are placed. This may relieve muscle tension, which can improve overall blood flow and promote cell repair. It may also help form new connective tissues and create new blood vessels in the tissue.

Cupping is thought to alleviate symptoms by promoting peripheral (close to the skin) blood circulation and improving immunity.

According to the 2018 review, the effects of cupping therapy include:

• promoting the skin’s blood flow

• changing the skin’s biomechanical properties

• increasing pain thresholds

• improving local anaerobic (without oxygen) metabolism

• reducing inflammation

• boosting cellular immunity

The red marks, caused by the cups, are a result of the blood being pulled into that area & are NOT bruises. The darker the mark, the more stagnant fluids (toxins, blood and lymph) were dredged up during treatment. The marks last anywhere from a few hours to several days. The more often you receive cupping for the same issue, the lighter the marks will be.

Anyway, I'm feeling a bit better so all is good, I even managed to stand a little in the huddles last week as standing actually hurts quicker than walking.  

They also say this months choices are next months body, which is why I'm really trying to make wiser choices because we're going away at Easter which is a month away and I really want to have a go at Snowdon, even if I don't make the top, I'd like to make it some of the way up.

But back to now, we had a quiet weekend, after the huddle Saturday we ran a few errands then as Aryn was still recovering from his bug, we took advantage and went to the Broadway for a carvery, I think I have a gravy problem!  I have to say the meal beat me though, I'd got me a standard and him a large, then when he was offered one or two Yorkshires, he said one!  I was like WHAT, thankfully the lovely chap let me have his other one, I mean the are the best bit of a carvery for sure.  They have the calories on display too which helps not just with working out how many you've had but making you think about what you're opting for.


  

I finally got round to chopping up my pineapple, which I'd bought over a week before, 95p got me a good portion when chopped, definitely worth buying whole when you look at the chopped up prices, but not always an easy task I appreciate. 

Sunday morning I made up a healthy breakfast, I used bacon medallions and chicken sausages, no spread on my toast but I did have seeded bread.  It was delicious and kept me full most of the day as we ate it early.  

 

I couldn't decide what I wanted for dinner but we nipped to Farm Foods, they picked what they wanted and I just had a chip butty and a glass of wine (one glass check me out!)



Another weekend in the bag, even managed to hit my fibre 21g Saturday and 18.5g Sunday is a massive improvement on last weekend, pears and bananas helping to boost that.

This is what I came down to this morning, gotta love cats!  


I've had a lie in till 6am, 9 hours WOO HOO, but I will be going swimming, just a little later than usual, this walking in the pool as well as swimming seems to be working so I shall keep it up, on days I can't get there, I'm going to try and do a little walk to build that up.  I will get active again!

I'm still doing my 3 good things a day too, that helps to refocus your head when it's having a wobble.

Right I'm off to find my swimming costume and get this day started, I've got a meeting chat to plan too, I wanna talk food and meals so I need to get my thinking cap on for sure, plus I have an HelloFresh box coming so might cook one of the today.

Let's have a great day shall we, ignore the fact there's a frost outside and focus on the positives ;)

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx


No comments: