Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 9 March 2023

Brrrr.....

Thursday 9th March 2023
Not everyday is easy - but you get through.
I woke up at midnight looked out the window and saw the snow settling, that didn't make me smile, I don't like it!  It's either slippy or slushy, it makes it difficult to get around and people don't come to our huddles which of course affects our wages, so no I don't like it one bit.  It does look like it hasn't frozen but I won't know till I go to clear car off.  Just watching news it's saying amber warning for West Midlands grr!

Anyway, that's my whinge done, oh no it isn't the bin men broke the lid off my bin when emptying it yesterday!  I have been online and asked for a new one - let's see if I get one shall we.

On to much more positive things, we had a lovely huddle yesterday and when done I decided I would go swimming, I'd gone home to get my costume and nipped upstairs to do a spot check on Aryns room, despite asking him to put his rubbish in bins there was stuff all over the place, so I did it myself!  I told him, I'd start doing it myself if he didn't do it and I felt so much better for doing it, I don't want litter strewn everywhere.

I did an hour in the pool, half swimming / half walking and I felt good when I came out, came home and finished working on the journal, just need it proof reading by Carol now.  Aryn got home just after 3 and said, 'let's go to the gym' YAY, lol.  I managed to do a mile walking on the treadmill before the pain kicked in so bad I had to get off and sit down, it was still a mile, just shy of 20 minutes and I haven't done almost 10k steps in a very long time.  I did pay for it the rest of the day, sleeping was a bit uncomfortable too, but use it or lose it, I've got to keep trying.  

For dinner I made this, it was delicious and absolutely full of fibre, about 18g, very tasty, I could make it without the Hello Fresh but there North Indian Spice mix wouldn't be easy to get, could use curry powder I'm sure.  

 

the sachets, there was about a teaspoon or 2 of nigella seeds and 1tsp per sachet of the spice mix.  It was really tasty, ready cooked lentils, reminding me I do like lentils, as long as they are flavoured well, they are delicious and Indian cuisine knows how to flavour them.

If you want a free one, message me I have a box, or use the code for discount

I'm gonna try Gusto next I think, I've been given a discount link, just need to sit and look at it.

I was in bed by 8, watched a bit of tele, chatted on the phone to himself, then fell blissfully asleep waking up every few hours, first time because on of the cats was scratching my bedroom door - grr.  Woke up about midnight for the loo, wasn't impressed with the view out my window, then just woke up to move my joints around the rest of the night.  I have managed 8 hours sleep though. 

Other than my dinner, I had a chicken and beetroot salad, will the last bit of chicken be okay, I cooked it Monday?  I then had a carton of mushroom soup for lunch, plus a packet of Worcestershire sauce French Fries that Elle bought me, 80 calories of niceness.   Later I fancied a bag of salt and vinegar crisps with a slice of bread and spread, nom nom, that did take me over my daily allowance by 200 because I'd already had some wine, but I did earn 681 calories apparently being active, check me out.  MY fitbit says I used 2558 calories and my Nutracheck app says I ate1761 calories so still a deficit.

I know it sounds like I'm being a bit full on, but it takes seconds to track stuff and the fitbit does it all for you, I just look at it to blog the next day, I'm actually probably spending less time thinking about food than I was before I got on track because it's not the only thing I'm thinking about.

Here's hoping we have a happy huddle day and all our members make it to us, not sure what's on our menu yet, I have an HelloFresh sausage meal but I thought about saving that till tomorrow when we're all here, I've got some pork chops in fridge but again they'll keep till the weekend, I could have leftovers from last nights, I'm not sure, will see what Aryn fancies as he ended up eating a meal deal last night because there were too many onions in the dinner, he didn't like it.

Let's enjoy the day, 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me 

No comments: