Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 7 March 2023

Let the scales smile today!

Tuesday 7th March 2023
 

This was me yesterday, I had me an hour enjoying my book with a cuppa in-between working my way through my to-do list, work/life balance - you can't beat it.  

I started my day in the swimming pool, then dropped Aryn at school, couldn't make him walk in that rain, although I did let him walk home, that's different, he can get dry once home.  

Nipped to Aldi for a chicken, fancied one Sunday so needed to get it out my system.  Put it straight in the oven when I got back and started working on this weeks chat, all about food, saving calories and money.  

I had a pear and banana whilst waiting for my chicken, also a couple of seafood sticks, but then when it was cooked I had this; 


 

Now I bought the grains for the fibre content, 8g in half pack but I've got to admit I wasn't keen, I ate them but I wouldn't go out my way to eat them again!  Even if I could get over the texture, I wasn't keen on the taste of this particular packet.  I do have another packet to try in a different flavour so we'll see what I think of that.

The chicken cost me £4.15, they were 2 for £8 in Co-op but they didn't have any and I didn't really need two anyway.  I used more of it in our dinner, pasta and chicken with peas and carbonara sauce that had been in the cupboard a long time as the use by date was 16/3/23.

Using the ZenB pasta upped the fibre on this dish, it's not as good as white pasta but it's alright.

This is how my week ended; 

 
Went over twice on calories but made up for them the rest of the week, plus I'd lowered my allowance to try and ensure a weight loss, last week it was 1540 calories a day, the week before 1790, so hopefully I'll get that weight loss today, I'll be happy with a pound, I'd be chuffed with 1.5lb to give me the extra half from last week and if I got 2lb that would be half stone since I got back on track on the 17th February after my holiday and remember I didn't gain on holiday - woo hoo.

My other focus last week was fibre, to increase it not to hit the 30g target, I don't want to go from one extreme to another in a week, can you imagine the result of that!  Although to be honest I haven't noticed any difference, if any it's been a healthier toilet experience!   Overall I've doubled my fibre for the week, pleased with that.

 

I expected that by upping my fibre, I'd automatically hit my 5 a day - I was wrong, so that's this weeks focus, to up the fruit and veggies, I'm already eating 2 pieces of fruit a day, pear and banana, they're edible for me and work out at about 15p each.  I need to buy some salad I guess, it's just a bit cold to justify it on my plate! 
My fitbit is showing I managed to exercise 3 times last week, hopefully will manage a couple of walks to add in this week making it more, that'll up my steps too.  I'm feeling better than I have in a while regarding my pain, my knee hurts after I've walked but I can cope with that if I can get the sciatica under control!  I'm having no problems sleeping though :) 

SO this week's focus is upping the fruit and veg, I know I'm not drinking enough fluid either, so I need to watch that, but one thing at a time, can't change it all overnight, if I could I wouldn't be in this situation would I!

I really enjoyed my day yesterday, had me another bath, couldn't decide whether to read book, magazines or watch tele once I'd finished the notes for weeks meetings and I spent a few hours putting together our next journal (if you've got a recipe that needs sharing, send it to me please).

Now I had HelloFresh delivered yesterday so might do one of them later, but I have chicken left to use, I'm thinking a chicken and turkey ham sandwich for breakfast, see I needed some salad or spinach to add to that and I don't have any!  Maybe a little beetroot, there's one of my 5 and some fibre. 

Boringhell, hark at me, all on it like a car bonnet :) I do feel better for it though, just the feeling of being in control is good.  I've cut down on my wine, I had one glass Sunday and one yesterday, bottles lasting 3 days - who knew that was possible!

Here's to a very good day, hope you join me, 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx
 

No comments: