Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 14 March 2023

Have yourself a great day

Tuesday 14th March 2023
Give yourself a break!

Is it me or is this month flying by!  It'll soon be Easter and I heard somewhere yesterday we might get snow, I hope not we're going to the seaside!

Well what a morning I had yesterday, I woke up happy as, I even blogged about it, THEN I was just about to trot off to the pool for my workout when I spotted something in the washing machine....  There was Aryn's PE Kit and since his timetable changed, PE is on a Monday, so now I had an hour to wash and dry the Kit GRRRRR......  I woke him up saying you have 10 minutes to shower or you have to wait till I have your kit in the dryer because you didn't bring your kit down last Monday.  BOYS seriously.  I did have to laugh though, once I was over my strop, I'm driving him to school because it's pouring down with rain and I can't be that much of a bitch and halfway there he says, 'I've forgot my PE kit", seriously, I just laughed, looked at him and said you know they remove teenage boys brains and don't return them till they hit their 20s I reckon. 

I eventually got to the pool where I did my hour, remembered all but one of the physio exercises I've been given which I thought was really good for me.  I did my appointments and planned our huddle chat so everything still got done, I just prefer going earlier to the pool as there's no order to the swimming direction later it appears and one women was taking up 3/4 of the larger lane doing backstroke and not picking one side or the other, going straight down the middle, she was only a tiny thing too!  

Anyway, my day still worked out to be a good one, one bad hour does not make a bad day.

Dinner time was Fried Chicken Thigh Burger with Sriracha Mayo, I didn't have the sriracha in my mayo, not a fan of hot, I also only used one sachet of cayenne pepper to keep it calmer tasting.  This ws our first Gousto meal and it was delicious, 

 




As requested the recipe is at the bottom of this blog, you could make it without having a box, but if you do fancy trying Gousto you'll get 70% off the first box and 25% off for two months which is a really good offer and you can cancel or skip at any time.  Here's the link Gousto offer.

After dinner, I enjoyed chilling with control of the remote before having an early night at 8, I've had 8hrs 41mins according to the fitbit.

Right I'm gonna get my wriggle on, weigh day today, it'll be interesting to see the results on the scales as I've been in the red all week, my fibre intake is still good though. 

 


We shall see, I'm enjoying life and I'm not going to give myself a hard time, whatever the result.  I see too many women beating themselves up over their relationship with food, it needs to stop ladies! 

Let's have a great day, 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx



Recipe


Ingredients

For 2 people [double for 4]
  • 2 butter brioche buns
    2 butter brioche buns †
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
    1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 16 ml Sriracha hot chilli sauce
    16 ml Sriracha hot chilli sauce †
  • 320g British skinless chicken thighs
    320g British skinless chicken thighs
  • 4 tbsp cornflour
    4 tbsp cornflour
  • 30ml mayonnaise
    30ml mayonnaise †
  • 3 white potatoes
    3 white potatoes
  • 15ml white wine vinegar
    15ml white wine vinegar
  • 8ml soy sauce
    8ml soy sauce †
  • 1 gem lettuce
    1 gem lettuce
  • 1 tomato
    1 tomato

You’ll also need

Olive oil, pepper, salt, vegetable oil


Cooking instructions

For 2 people [double for 4]
  1. Step 1
    1. 

    Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C (fan)/ gas 7, then take your chicken out of the fridge, open the packet and let it air

    Cut the potatoes (skins on) into thin chips

    Add the chips to a baking tray with a drizzle of vegetable oil and a pinch of salt and pepper

    Give everything a good mix up and put the tray in the oven for 20-25 min or until golden and crispy

  2. Step 2
    2. 

    While the chips are cooking, cut the chicken thighs into strips

    Add the chicken strips to a bowl with the cayenne pepper (can't handle the heat? Go easy!) and soy sauce then mix well until evenly coated

    Add the cornflour and give everything a good mix up until the chicken is fully coated in the cornflour mixture – these are your coated chicken strips

  3. Step 3
    3. 

    Combine the sriracha (not a fan of spice? Just add a little!) with the mayo in a small bowl – this is your sriracha mayo

  4. Step 4
    4. 

    Wash the gem lettuce, pat it dry with kitchen paper, then remove 4 [8] outer leaves and set these aside for serving

    Cut the remaining gem lettuce in half

    Slice the tomato[es] finely

  5. Step 5
    5. 

    Combine the white wine vinegar with 2 tbsp [4 tbsp] olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper in a separate small bowl – this is your dressing

  6. Step 6
    6. 

    Heat a large, wide-based pan (preferably non-stick) with a very generous drizzle of vegetable oil (enough to cover the whole base of the pan) over a medium-high heat

    Once hot, add the coated chicken strips and cook for 3-4 min on each side or until golden and cooked through (no pink meat!) – this is your fried chicken

    Tip: Add more oil to the pan if it is looking a little dry

  7. Step 7
    7. 

    Meanwhile, slice the brioche buns in half

    Add the brioche halves to a baking tray and put the tray in the oven for 4-5 min or until warmed through

    Fill your warmed brioche buns with the outer lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, fried chicken and sriracha mayo

    Serve the chips and lettuce halves to the side

    Drizzle the lettuce with the dressing and serve any remaining sriracha mayo to the side for dipping

    Enjoy!

No comments: