Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 30 March 2023

Gotta love good food.

Thursday 30th March 2023
Focus on the good stuff.

Another day missed from school for Aryn but so that he didn't completely miss out on education I asked him if he had any homework, he had a little classwork he could catch up on and then I said could you read some of Romeo & Juliet that you're covering in English.  He admitted he didn't really understand it unless the teacher was explaining as they read but mentioned they were watching the 1968 film version so we spent a couple of hours watching that when I got back from our morning huddle.  I have to say at first I was thinking, 'oh ma'an this is naff and hard work' but then it had me and I was loving it, I managed to get my head round the flowery language and I was engrossed.    Aryn not so much but he watched it, seemed to understand the majority and at least now when he is in class he's got the gist. 

I didn't go swimming because of him not being well but I did spend an hour in the garden power washing the decking, managed to do about a quarter I reckon, it's a hell of a job and even the bit I've done hasn't got rid of all the green.  We plan to paint it when it's cleaned and we have a dry spell which isn't looking like it'll be any time soon.  My back was hurting a bit when I'd finished but it wasn't horrific.  Himself had done some at the weekend but the vibration messes with his hands so I wanted to see if I could do it instead. So far so good, will have another go tomorrow. 

Sometimes it's the simple things that taste amazing and yesterday that was the case, this was one of my favourite Gousto meals so far, the fish was so simple to cook, just a little lemon zest grated into panko breadcrumbs, put a little olive oil onto the fish and cover in the breadcrumbs, then airfry it for 5 minutes each side in the airfryer.  

 

The potatoes were cooked in the microwave, cut in half, pop in a bowl, covered with clingfilm and put a few holes in it, then microwave for up to 10 minutes - perfect and delicious, then add a bit of butter and some chives mmmmmmmmm.

A leek was sliced thinly and fried in a little oil, then peas were added once they were cooked, again a delicious combination.  The remaining chives were sprinkled over the top and I truly enjoyed every mouthful of it.  A little lemon juice was added to the mayonnaise which worked a treat too.  What made it even better was seeing it wasn't crazy high in calories, having said that, you do have to add the butter and oil calories to the total.  I'd definitely recommend this meal, I have the makings of the same meal in the fridge because it was for 4 people and we only made two, I'm tempted to have it again today, Aryn wasn't a fan of the veg but who cares lol. If not I'll freeze the fish, cook and freeze the veggies and put the other ingredients in the cupboard to make another day.  This is the full recipe if you want to have a go Crispy Basa With Potatoes, Peas and Lemon Mayo | Gousto and if you want to try the box, 65% off your first box, 25% off for 2 months, here's the link ttps://cook.gousto.co.uk/raf?promo_code=BEVER43868435... cancel anytime. I'm defo looking forward to my next meal, but which to have!

I also had an egg and mayo sandwich which was tasty too, again simple food, can't be beaten.
  


I'm not tired this morning, that's a bonus, I opted for a really early night, 8hrs 36mins, yep, I woke just after 9pm for the loo, then didn't get up until 5.41am this morning, result!

Sleep, good food and a calm life with a job I enjoy, life doesn't get much better!  I appreciate it even more at the moment because I'm being reminded of mom and the hell we went through as I have friends who are going through the same hell at the moment and it's heartbreaking to witness.

Let's all be thankful for what we have, focus on the positives.  Simple smile moments for me yesterday was coming home and seeing Aryn had eaten carrot sticks and hummus without me asking him too!  Me enjoying Romeo & Juliet and the simplicity of the film, not needing special effects.  Being able to stand and work in the garden for 45 minutes without crying in pain.  Yep I'm thankful for all that.

Now I better move my ass and get ready for work, sitting here watching the news in my PJs is not going to help!  Have a great day x

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me


No comments: