Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 5 January 2021

Another day, another weight loss!

Tuesday 5th January 2021 
Decide what kind of life you actually want.  Then say no to anything that isn't that.


It's 5am, I'm sat in the dark in my living room next to mom who's fast asleep in her chair and has been there all night!  I've been awake since 3.43am according to my fitbit, I did wake a few times in the night but managed to sleep some, mom refused to come to bed and eventually at half 9 I said I was going up, I loved the front door so at least if she started to wander I'd hear her but thankfully the only noise I've heard all night is the central heating system because I had to leave that on for her otherwise she'd have been cold. 

Here's my up to date stats; 

I started at - 200lb
I wanna weigh - 165lb
I plan to lose - 35lb / 17.5% of my body weight.
The scales 5/1/21 - 192lb
I've already lost - 8lb 
Yesterday I stepped 4,236 times 
I covered 1.8 miles 
I burned 1,957 calories  
I consumed 1,967 calories
I was active for 0 minutes 
Sleep 5hrs 43m! Plus I fell asleep in my chair for an hour just before Boris started, so I missed all that!

Now I know they say you shouldn't weigh yourself day, some say once a week, some say not at all, I think it really depends on your own mental health and attitude towards the scales, they're motivating me a bit at the moment and after yesterday being such a testing day and me surviving and staying focused on my healthy and happy, I was curious to see what if any difference my food and wine decisions had made to the scales.  Well blow me down with a feather, the scales say I've lost another 2lb, which means I've got my first half stone in the bag and I'm only 2lb away from losing 5% of my body weight - WOO HOO!  

Why is losing 5% a good thing?  Because losing 10lb adds 40lb of pressure on your knees and other lower body joints, that'll wear em out quicker!  Extra fat can also cause inflammation, that explains my aches and pains late, so losing even a little weight can ease these effects.  Then there's the fact it can boost your heart health, lower your cancer risk, improve sleep quality, lower risk of diabetes, boost your mood and wait for it - increase your sex drive (cos I've got the time and/or inclination for any of that!).  Here's to that 5% weight loss though, then I'll start working towards 10%, breaking it down into realistic chunks, so 

Goal 1 - Half stone - 7lb
Goal 2 - 5%, 10lb
Goal 3 - First stone - 14lb   
Goal 4 - 10%, - 20lb
Goal 5 - 3rd half stone - 21lb
Goal 6 - 2 stone - 28lb
Goal 6 - 2 1/2 stone - 35lb 

Looks easy enough when it's written down doesn't it!  I'm making myself a priority now though, my health is important for sure. 

Having said that, I didn't do my 15 minute youtube video yesterday, but I have done it this morning with the volume off in silence in the kitchen so as not to wake her up.  Yesterday was weird enough with mom after the night before.  Alfie didn't take me very far either, but bless my sister she sat with mom why I attempted to walk him and whilst I did my UW appointments, she even cleaned my kitchen up the superstar her. 

I could've easily slipped yesterday and ate some junk or lazy food but I didn't, I was determined to eat well so I started my day with a slightly larger than planned breakfast; 

Not had pilchards on toast in ages, they were really good, cheap too at 55p a tin and that's Sainsbury's so they might be cheaper elsewhere.

Then I cooked a crustless quiche for my dinner, using cottage cheese, really tasty and you'd not realise there was cottage cheese in it, so if you're one of those who really doesn't like it, I'd say don't dismiss it without trying. 


Was delicious with butternut squash roasted chunks and parmesan courgettes. 


Not gonna lie, I did consume more wine than is healthy or than was intended but hey that's life sometimes. 

Here's to handling whatever today throws my way, another lockdown for the UK, doesn't really make any difference to me personally as I've only been going out to walk the dog anyway.

Hope you're all okay and not losing your sanity being locked up!

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx




No comments: