Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 23 January 2021

And another fall!

Saturday 23rd January 2021
Make happiness a habit.

It's just shy of 3am and we're up and downstairs, moms had another fall, thankfully nothing broken again and she's sat next to me happy because she wanted to get up anyway, anyone would think she'd planned it!  She'll snooze in her chair now for sure thankfully but her aching arms and legs from the previous fall will take even longer to heal.  Both yesterday and this morning, I've woke to hear her crying on the toilet, she's just tired of being alive is the truth, it's hard work every day. xx

But let's not keep the mood down, we're alive and we still have our moments, she interrupts me on every call I make, thankfully the people I'm calling don't seem to mind.  I asked one lady the other day if she was on Virgin, and mom pipes up 'Is she a virgin!'

Her little Facebook video we made yesterday after she was watching the news has made people smile, I just wished she wasn't in pain all the time and scared, she's scared about everything from making sure the doors are locked to thinking she's going to choke.  Poor love, all I can do is be here telling her she is safe. 

Yesterday was a good day, here's my daily update on me trying to improve my physical and mental health; 

My stats as of today

I started at - 200lb
I wanna weigh - 165lb
I plan to lose - 35lb / 17.5% of my body weight.
The scales 5/1/21 - 190lb
I've already lost - 10lb 
Yesterday I stepped 7479 times 
I covered 3.18 miles 
I burned 2144 calories  

I consumed 2188 calories
I was active for 28minutes 
I slept 5 hours 45 mins
 

#walk1000miles challenge - Total YTD = 783.59 left to walk = 916.41

My 3 good things;

1) I received chocolates in the post from UW



2) I had a Marlie's Menu for tea, Chicken Pathia - 1st outing on the Marlies Menu, a rich sweet and sour sauce with a kick. It was tasty as always, a little on the warm side, I'm such a light weight where spices are concerned but I've also noticed some days I'm better than others when it comes to heat.



3) I got my new art on the wall and I absolutely love it!  If you like work like this, keep your eye on her page (1) Crystal Glass Metal Art | Facebook she's also on instagram @crystalglassmetalart and etsy https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CrystalGlassMetalArt all her pieces are one offs and gorgeous - well I think so anyway.

I also helped another customer who really needed helping, having lost their job, then to finish my working day off nicely, I had a message from another young lady who needed help last October because she was being stung badly with her prepayment electricity meter!  This was the outcome of that message last night, felt good to know she was buzzing, bear in mind in October, she'd put £148 in her meter! 


She's now got her electric / landline / broadband and 2 phones all together on one bill, it will be more than that going forward, but nowhere near the £148 that she was pay just for her electricity! 

Another good day for feeling good, I have just cried when mom fell though, middle of the night, tired and scared for her, emotions got the better of me, I'm okay again now though, focusing on what I can control not what I can't.

Food wise, just about keeping the numbers level, I can only guestimate the calories in the meals I had yesterday, tbh I could ask Marlies for the ingredients but I don't want to live my life doing that, I'm not eating that kind of food everyday so a little leeway is okay.

There's a good carbs / cals book that gives you examples of portions, but I also bought the app for my phone, it was a fiver, but is good to learn portion sizes; 

I searched chicken wings and these examples came up; 

  
Now I know my tandoori ones are nearer the buffalo than the BBQ, you can also check supermarket websites and look for the nutritional info of something similar or you could use an app like MyFitnessPal.

Now the curry wasn't too bad I don't think because I know she uses good ingredients, but again if you use this app as a guide it shows the portions; 

 
this was my portion; 
and I left half the rice.

And those pesky chocolates that I've remembered are in the cupboard, the thorntons left from Christmas, they are good though and life is too short not to enjoy the odd chocolate now and again. 

My brother came and got my car going again - yay, so I've got my car again now, just need to run it round the block every few days lol. 

Right I'm off, who knows maybe I'll have a snooze in my chair but I doubt it, I'm probably awake for the day now, got a zoom to look forward to at 9 and a couple of appointments but then a free evening and an early night hopefully.

Have a super Saturday, mwah

Luv ya 

Love me 


🦉

 


No comments: