Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 9 January 2021

Another day another 3 meals to look forward to!

Saturday 9th January 2020
Believe you can do it. 

My stats as of today

I started at - 200lb
I wanna weigh - 165lb
I plan to lose - 35lb / 17.5% of my body weight.
The scales 5/1/21 - 192lb
I've already lost - 8lb 
Yesterday I stepped 9893 times 
I covered 4.21 miles 
I burned 2,246 calories  
I consumed 1,816 calories

I was active for 69 minutes 

I slept 7 hours 38 mins

 #walk1000miles challenge - Total YTD = 32.62 left to walk = 967.38

 My 3 good things yesterday were;

1) My morning walk with Alfie - he walked the opposite direction on one of his regular routes - he's a creature of habit and has a number of set routes that he likes to walk, so I was amused yesterday when he decided to do one the other way round - even he's bored with Lockdown lol.

2) Sainsbury's chipolatas - easily pleased me!

3) Feeling good about my life, I'm getting a routine that's a little calmer, helping me handle mom.  I've accepted that mom is my full time job right now, any other work like UW has to be part time as and when I can and hopefully we'll have enough money to live on. 

Yeah yesterday was a good day, mom's leg was causing her pain but together with drugs and distraction (thank you You've been Framed) we made it through to bedtime, I have just noticed she didn't take her tablets before bed though!  Probably for the best tbh, she'd had plenty pain drugs through the day and she can take the other ones this morning, should be okay (hopefully!).

There's not a lot going on in our lives right now so it's all about the food, I had a late breakfast around ten, I'm having to have similar foods because I don't want to waste food and things come in packs of two or four.  I'd ordered 2 Avocados but they sent me 4, they'll only charge me for the two so bonus on the frugal front and there's no way I'm wasting them.  I shall have another today, they're the tastiest avocado's I've tasted for a long time too. 


Mom suddenly said at lunchtime she fancied sausage, egg and chips and she rarely asks for things so I made her almost that, she had some of the leftover potato slices instead of the chips and enjoyed it, I had this, which was more than enough. 


I wanted to use up the last of the Christmas cheese which was blue and I had some cauliflower rice left in the fridge which needed using up, so I decided to make a crustless quiche with it all; it made a good 8 pieces and I had one for my tea.  Recipe below. 

I also had the munchies later on so had a packet of Walkers crisps and a couple of crackers with a little cheese spread, not forgetting my wine, just assume I have wine even if I fail to mention it! 

Got a morning of zooms and then mom and I can relax for the day, it'll be risotto or gammon for dinner today, I've lost my crojo so need to find something I want to crochet as everything I've started lately as been left unfinished and I haven't picked the hook up for a couple of weeks.  And if I was my mother, I'd be telling me to tidy my bedroom, there's more clothes on the floor than in the wardrobes!  I need to relocate all the wool to make room for clothes, I'll box them up at some point and put it on the racking in the shed when there's room.  I'm the Annie of housework - tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll tidy tomorrow, it's always a day away :) 

Right, tea's drunk, oh I'm gonna do my walking workout, whilst everyones still asleep!  Turrah a bit xx

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx
 

Cauliflower Blue Cheese Crustless Quiche

Feeds 8 at 200 Calories a slice

5SP Green, 4SP Blue/Purple

 

Ingredients

low-calorie cooking spray (10 sprays 10 cals)

3 back bacon rashers (chopped) (204cals) (7SP) (trim fat to lower calories)

150g mushrooms, sliced (22 cals)

4 garlic cloves, chopped (16 cals)

8 medium eggs, lightly beaten (560 cals) (14SP Green)

300g low-fat natural cottage cheese (222 cals) (5SP)

2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives (5 cals)

1 tomato cut in 8 wedges. (33 cals)

100g cheese (I used blue) approx. 430 cals (16SP)

1 large onion diced (40cals)

250g Cauliflower rice (62cals)

 

Instructions

Preheat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.

Spray a non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.  Add the bacon and onion and fry for 2 minutes, then add the mushrooms and garlic, season to taste and cook for another 5 minutes.  Spoon the mixture into an ovenproof proof dish and spread it evenly out.  Add the cauliflower rice and mix all together. 

Mix the eggs, cottage cheese and chives in a bowl and spoon the mixture over the bacon mixture.

Sprinkle cheese over top and push the tomatoes into the top and bake for about half hour or until set and cooked.

Serve warm or eat cold.  

 

 

 


No comments: