Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 25 November 2020

Stronger. Wiser. Better.

Wednesday 25th November 2020
Have pride in how far you've come and have faith in how far you can go.


This year has changed so many peoples lives, major lives changes that can affect our mental health including loss and that can be the loss of loved ones, the loss of a job, loss of our freedom or way of life.  We're creatures of habit, so all this change hasn't been easy.  

However we can't use it as an excuse to give up!  We owe it to ourselves and those that haven't survived this year to take care of ourselves, to rebuild where necessary, to find a new job, to make the most of what we have and to look with positivity towards the future.  

Now I was listening to an audiobook yesterday, a chap called Jim Rohn, personal development stuff, by listening to this positive stuff, I'm being more positive!  Anyway one of the things he said which I liked was this;

Life is like the seasons that change, we go through our summersautumnswinters and springsyou cannot change the seasons but you can change yourself. Learn how to handle the winters, they come right after fall with regularity. Some are long some are short, some are hard, some are easy but they always come right after fall, so remember it isn't going to change and deal with them.

Each of these seasons of life bring with them valuable lessons that we can use to help us move forward in a better way.  The winters won't change but you can and it's not what happens that matters, its what you do.

It's so true isn't it!  We can't change these things that are happening, crap things happen every year but we deal with them.  Instead of wishing for bad and difficult things not to happen, work at making yourself stronger to handle them.  Work at being stronger, learn so you are wiser and focus on being better. 

Stronger. Wiser. Better.

NOW is not the time to quit, now is the time to dig deep and focus on your future, if you've lost your job, don't be afraid to change the type of job you do, like the pic above says be brave enough to suck at something new, I'm well out of my comfort zone with this new thing I'm doing, I love my phone, but I rarely use it to actually ring people, I'm all about the facebook, the messenger but I've had to dig deep and ring people, at first it was intimidating, I've had to get used to the word NO, and not take offence and now I actually enjoy talking to people on the phone. 

It's not the time to quit you hear me, I know you may be tired, me too and you may want to give up but it's time to remind yourself of how many obstacles you've pushed through in the past and all you have as a result of not giving up.  

Life is a process isn't it, you're going to have the ups and downs - that is one thing I can guarantee, growth, success it's all a process, what isn't a process is quitting or settling, don't you want to be the best version of yourself?

Your best self doesn't want you to give up on it, I'm realising this myself, I'd settled to a life of taking care of mom and putting my life on hold believing I hadn't got a choice and there wasn't another option.  The truth is there's always options, there's always alternative ways, I was just choosing (yes choosing) to ignore them. 

Think for a minute of the time you haven't quit, the things you didn't give up on which resulted in you achieving things or getting something you wanted.   I didn't give up on learning to drive a car, I was really, really good at failing tests, but with persistance I got there in the end.  I didn't give up on making a good curry, it took me till a month or two ago before I made one I was proud of, hell I'm 50 and it's taken me that long!  

The thing about not giving up is you've got to really want the thing you're not giving up on?  Do you really want to be your best self?

How can you remind yourself of what you want?  I've got a goal at the minute and I've put it as my home screen on my phone so that every time I pick it up I see it and I'm reminded of it's importance.  

I'm going to cook a delicious roast chicken dinner today with lots of veggies.  Why?  Because I know that's really healthy, I also know that because I've got my Marlie's Menu coming at the weekend, it's unlikely I'll be wanting to cook then nor that I will need to as Marlies will be plenty to satisfy me.

I'm hoping you're not going to quit, that like me you plan to survive this Winter, knowing that Spring is in sight and when it gets here hopefully we'll be getting back to some kind of normal as a country too. 

Until then, let's just focus on the day ahead and how we can make it as healthy as possible.

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx


No comments: