Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 30 November 2020

Is your mind bullying your body?

Monday 30th November 2020


Well it may only be around 3am, but I have managed 6 solid hours sleep - woo hoo, on this occassion it wasn't mom who woke me, she's still asleep upstairs, nice though having an hour or so to myself quietly.  Sleep is so important but I am functioning on less lately thankfully, I guess it's because being in lockdown, I'm not doing some of the things that would tire me, like loading and unloading my car.  

Last day of November, one more month of the year left, a life changing year for most of us isn't it, even those that have still gone to work as normally, things have still changed for them.  On the virtual zoom yesterday morning, one lady told us how she had been working from home and the nature of her work was making that extremely difficult as she had children at home, you just don't realise everyone has their own complications.  

After what was a wonderful zoom call, I had a Utility Warehouse call with a new partner who I'm supporting and she helped save a relative an incredible £936 a year!  That's crazy money, it's a holiday isn't it, she also got a sim card for her granddaughters tablet for Christmas in that!  She loved that not only had we saved her money, she was going to save hundreds of pounds more over the year by using the cashback card and she hasn't got to do anything as UW do all the switching and contacting the other suppliers.  

The rest of the day mom and I enjoyed watching The Christmas Chronicles 1 & 2 on Netflix, mom enjoyed the first one more, she got distracted when the second on started, but she had a pretty good day all round, she likes me being here, she loves Anne coming for an hour in the morning.  She's always better when we don't disrupt her evening.  

Listening to some members yesterday, it was evident it's all about what's going on in the mind, but I reminded them I've always been about being Healthy & Happy, looking at a few familiar faces, I could see those who were eating healthily were also looking happier, those that were struggling or that had fell off the weight loss wagon looked a little tired, so how about we do something about that!  If you're doing well, fantastic - keep going, if you're struggling, been having a tough time, let's make today the first day of change, let's start taking care of our mind as well as our body!  

Let's try a different approach, see if that helps ay?  There's nothing worse than being offered something delicious to eat and saying, 'oh I can't, I'm on a diet', or 'I'd love one but I'm so fat' or something along those lines, you might not be saying it out loud even, you might be thinking it!  These thoughts are strong, they take control and bring us down, they really do.  

How about instead we start saying things like, 'No thanks, I'm not hungry', 'I'm full thanks', or better still try 'I don't eat that!'  The brain is truly powerful, when I decided to become a vegan, for 8 years I just used to say, 'I don't eat that' and I wasn't questioned (well occassionally I was) but I didn't question myself either, I just made that decision!  Let's change the way we talk to ourselves and others about food.   

How about you stop thinking about how you're missing out on burgers, fries and cakes and instead start thinking about how you're missing out on high cholesterol, diabetes and sugar spikes, followed by mood and energy plummets!  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change! 

Yeah, let's stop letting our mind bully our body into emotionally eating, or stress eating, or pandemic eating, whichever reason it's doing it - let's put a stop to it on the last day of November, we've got Christmas coming and we will most likely over indulge, but let's enjoy doing it and do it for the right reasons, not because we're miserable or exhausted!

Let's use food more as fuel rather than therapy, still make it delicious of course but think of how to make it healthier too.  I'm not expecting you to become one of those that says and thinks, 'my body is a shrine' and never eats anything full of calories, but to do it with some balance and actually taste some of the so called 'naughty' food and actually realise it ain't all that!  I've had burger and chocolate this week and the tastiest thing I've eaten was Marlies veggie kofta, it was a little warm for me, I won't lie but the rice cooled it down.


Here's this weeks menu and you can find out more on her page, Marlie's Menu | Facebook I am going to point it all this morning for her so don't worry, I'll get it done asap. 


But for now I'm gonna go have me a cuppa and a bit of quiet time.  I've got a busy morning, 3 calls for UW, but first I'm going to do a healthy shop because my body would like to not have heartburn this week!

What you gonna do?

Mwah, luv ya


Love me xx


No comments: