Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 19 November 2020

Don't believe everything you think!

Thursday 19th November 2020
The only way out is through!


The mind is a powerful thing for sure, make you're aware of some of the thoughts you're allowing it to have!  Our subconscious is a crazy powerful thing, it makes decisions and tells us things and we don't even realise it's doing it.  Think about it for a minute how many times have you got up in a morning and through right, I'm back on it, I absolutely need to eat healthy and lose some weight, I also need to get some exercise and cut down on my drinking?  Then your subconscious kicks in at some point, whispering to you, 'ah you look alright!', 'you could just have one...', 'we could start again tomorrow, what's one more day', 'you don't have time to go for a walk today', 'it's too much effort to change into your exercise gear', 'it's 2020 everybodies drinking!'.


Now I don't know how accurate that fact is but I'd say it probably isn't far off!  But it's fascinating isn't it, so maybe just start to be a little more aware of your thoughts, whether conscious or subconscious, start questioning your thoughts - oh and not everybody isn't drinking in 2020 lol.  I was talking to a lovely lady yesterday who hasn't really drunk whilst in lockdown so that blown that belief out of the water! 

I'm making a conscious effort to pay attention to my thoughts and to challenge them, it's easy for me to assume I'm going to be tired when I've had broken sleep, so when mom first woke me up at 10.36pm last night, I could've easily have believed that meant I was going to have a dreadful night, especially when she then woke me up again a couple more times, but instead I'm trying to say to myself, it's okay we'd already had an hours sleeps before she woke me up and I'll have a few more hours, thinking 'I will go back to sleep easily' as opposed to 'I'm never gonna get back to sleep now', well I'm more likely to get some rest, because I'm more relaxed.  Yeah it all makes a difference. 

We didn't have a bad day yesterday, mom got a little confused towards the evening, but I was able to bring her round, her pain doesn't seem as bad as it has been but it's still bad, she's sleeping now.

Just for today, pay attention to your thought because you believe everything you think!  

I think I need to get a wriggle on, I'm on zoom this morning lol, I had a very good day yesterday, chatting to wonderful people, I'm contemplating working my way through my A-Z phone contacts just to say hello!  I said to one lady I was chatting to, 'it was good to have an excuse to call', we shouldn't need an excuse to call someone should you!  

Here's to communicating more and thinking less!  You in?

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx

No comments: