Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 2 November 2020

I'm choosing to be healthy NOW!

Monday 2nd November 2020 
Go easy on yourself, whatever you do today, let it be enough.


1am, 2am, 3am 4.... no that's not the start to a new nursery rhyme, it's the course of my mom's night and the times she woke me up, but hey ho, there's not much I can do about that.  There are lots of things going on at the moment that we can't do anything about, the good news is, there are things we can have an influence on!  

How was the first of November for you?  Were you happy with your behaviuor?  Your eating habits? Did you make time to move?  If you could pick a theme for the month ahead, what would it be?  

We talked Self Compassion in my workshop yesterday, we also touched on how we were going to cope with our month of lockdown that starts on Thursday.  What did we learn from the last one, what worked, what didn't.  Finish the sentence - 'This November I want to........'

My answer would be sleep lol, but seriously what would my answer be?  Mmm, this month I want to put the brakes on the direction that some of my habits are going!  Yeah that's it in a nutshell, as it's Autumn you could say, I want to turn over a new leaf.  


Like the country I feel I need a circuit breaker!  I need to go back to basics for sure, my eating habits aren't going to help me lose any weight, any time soon, don't get me wrong the quality of the food I'm eating is good but the quantity - not good.  I'm waiting for confirmation of what's going to happen with WW workshops, but I'm guessing we'll be closing express workshops as the exact wording on the government website is, 'The single most important action we can all take, in fighting coronavirus, is to stay at home, to protect the NHS and save lives.' that says no WW to me! 

I need to call Head Office today as I can't get on my app!  I need to be able to get on there to track and follow the plan, I've been cut off all weekend which isn't pleasant.  I'll order healthy food today for my delivery tomorrow, if it ain't in the house, I can't eat it I guess.  Just wish mom would eat a little better, but that's a battle I'm not willing to have.  

Time to talk to myself, to get my positive on re my health and taking care of myself. My affirmation is going to be simple, I've just typed in 'heatlhy affirmations' on Pinterest and the one that jumped out on me was; 

"I'm choosing to eat healthy NOW!" 

I like the simplicity of that but I'm going to change it to; 


"I'm choosing to be healthy NOW!" 

That one sentence tells me, I'm going to eat healthy, drink less, move more and it's a statement that isn't waiting for anything to happen, I don't have to plan to do it, I can do it NOW. Being healthy NOW means I'll have eggs for breakfast, I won't put butter on my toast, I don't need my app to know that scrambled eggs are better than eggs fried in oil, I don't need my app to know not having butter is a healthier option.  I don't need my app to know going for 2 walks instead of 1 today with Alfie is a healthier choice.  

We know how to be healthy, here's to do that throughout November, oh and we know we don't have to wait till Thursday for it to start!  I know lockdown doesn't start till Thursday but the virus isn't staying behind a wall till then, if the signle most important action we can all take, in fighting coronavirus, is to stay home, to protect the NHS and save lives, that's exactly what I intend to do. I won't be going to the pub, to walk endlessly round shops and I honestly as much as I love my members wished I hadn't got to go to work tomorrow and Wednesday, how ironic would it be if I caught it before Thursday!  Yes I'd very likely be okay, but would my mom, I can't isolate from her, I'm her only caregiver, yes my sister comes and sits with her, but they'd kill each other if I was in bed ill and isolated lol. 

If you like the idea of turning over a new leaf, just remember like those BeYOUtiful leaves above, we're all individual, we're all different and we all need to make plans that work for us.  What's your affirmation going to be? 

Let's make Monday matter, ooo meat free Monday maybe?  I'm trying to think what's in the fridge and freezer.  Whatever I plan to eat today, I know I'm choosing to be healthy NOW!  Are you? 

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me x



No comments: