Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 24 November 2020

Are you pointing the finger?

Tuesday 26th November 2020 
Be addicted to bettering yourself.


Well I made it through yesterday with very little sleep the night before, I've had about 6 hours last night so better and it was uninterrupted thankfully but she's as subtle as a sledge hammer with getting me to get up with her and not go back to bed, bless her.  She's quite alert this morning so maybe we'll have a better day.  She actually slept all morning till the nurse came at about 2 yesterday, she was completely exhausted. 

When you point the finger of blame there are three fingers pointing right back at you!

I'm reading a book at the minute and that line was in it, now I've heard and read a lot of self help stuff and quotes are my thing but I'd never heard this one before but I love it!  It's very clever for starters, but also very accurate.  We can all be quick to blame other people for things, some more than others, but we also have to realise that we have something to do with the outcome of most things that involve ourselves.

What are you holding yourself back from?  What aren't you doing because you have a whole list of excuses?  What are your goals?  

Thinking about your life right now, how would you like it to change?  
Thinking about your body, your health and wellbeing are you happy with it or would you like to improve it?  If so how about you set some goals?  You ready to do some thinking on a Tuesday morning?  I bet you're already thinking... Yeah but..... and coming up with all different ideas and reasons for why you can't achieve those goals at the minute!  Am I right?

Indulge me, write down one clear goal you'd like to achieve.

Now write down 4 reasons why you believe you can achieve it. (forget those doubts for a moment. 

Okay, hopefully you have come up with those reasons and you're not just thinking 'blah, blah, blah, I'll start next year!'  If you haven't maybe go back and do it, if you have, nows the bit you get to indulge those doubts, go on list those obstacles you need to overcome to accomplish this goal.   

So for example, 
goal
lose half stone.

4 reasons why you believe you can achieve it. 
I will achieve it because I know it will take the pressure off my knees, I'll be able to get back in my work clothes, I won't have heartburn as often because I'll be eating better and losing 5% of my body weight improves my overall health. 

Obstacles (this is the easy bit)
Christmas is on its way
Covid has turned my world upside down
Stuck in lockdown, nothing else to do
I've got sod it syndrome at the minute

I could go one but I know you'll be able to come up with plenty!

Once you've got all your obstacles written down, really go for it, write em all down, don't hold back, we're all allowed a pity party, so have yours writing that, 'oh my life is so hard, I'm so stressed, I just can't do this'.  You got it all out?  Right here's the bit that will help you get where you want to be - you ready?  

List the solutions to these obstacles!  Oh yeah, stop whinging - start working.  List what will help you including any people that might help, or even people you might want to be around (even if it's virtually), remember your vibe attracts your tribe.  If you're all 'oh I can't do this, it's so hard', you're gonna be like a magnet to others feeling the same and you might end up drowning each other in pity.  Whereas if you start hanging round with people who are motivated to achieving their goals whatever they may be, you're more likely to follow suit.  

So you should have your solutions, now make an action plan of what you need to do every day to achieve that goal you want.   Don't just read this and think about it, actually get a piece of paper, write it all down and sign in, write yourself a contract.

Change your attitude, change your world, remember your life is as good as your mindset  and the energy you put out is the energy you'll get back. 

I've been surrounding myself with positive people the last few months, people who are making me believe I can be successful, find my solutions and change my path.  It's made an incredible difference, I feel like I'm finding myself again, the old me, the ra ra, come on, we've got this version of me that got a little lost and all consumed in moms disease and our circumstances, which got worse when covid came along and lockdown happened.  

I'm taking things in my stride at the minute, don't get me wrong, I still have my moments, my wobbles but overall I feel so much more positive about the future but also about the NOW!  

Personally I've stopped pointing the finger of blame at Alzheimers, I'm acknowledging some of the blame lies with me and my attitude and behaviour and I'm working on making changes.  Will I lose half stone before Christmas?  If it's what I decide my goal is, but that was just an example for the blog.  Will I succeed at improving my life - HELL YEAH because that's my goal, I'm listing my obstacles and coming up with the solutions, I'm planning on smashing 2021, making it a hell of a lot better than 2020 on the whole was (that's not gonna be difficult though is it really!) 

Well that's me positive for the day ahead, how about you?  

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me 




No comments: